320 dollars for a Speedy (?!)

Bettinas

Feb 10, 2013
I saw this beautiful Speedy on a site (like ebay, only swedish) and this person is selling this "almost like new" bag for 320 dollars...how is this possible ?
It comes with certificate of authenticity, receipt and dust bag.

What do you guys think ? Too good to be true ?

Attachments

• 1400182346.jpg
    1400182346.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 448
It's an outdated mini lin style.. so that's not unheard of to get one under $400 usd ~ looks like a flaw on the bottom right, I'd get lots of pics. And have it authenticated. Some sellers call something excellent or like new, and it could be far from it. Also as others have stated, unless it's a consignor and they create authenticity guarantee cards themselves for their buyers I would ask more questions about that 'certificate of authenticity' as LV doesn't use them. Good luck.

It's an outdated mini lin style.. so that's not unheard of to get one under $400 usd ~ looks like a flaw on the bottom right, I'd get lots of pics. And have it authenticated. Some sellers call something excellent or like new, and it could be far from it. Also as others have stated, unless it's a consignor and they create authenticity guarantee cards themselves for their buyers I would ask more questions about that 'certificate of authenticity' as LV doesn't use them. Good luck.

Thank you for answering ! That´s why I did not find it on LV website...I´ll do that if she writes back =)

Thank you for answering ! That´s why I did not find it on LV website...I´ll do that if she writes back =)

Good job in investigating this! I'm swedish and has noticed this bag, but I was unsure if it was fake or not. But I've reported a lot of fake LVs on both Tradera and Blocket. There's a lot of counterfeit products on these swedish websites :yucky:

Good job in investigating this! I'm swedish and has noticed this bag, but I was unsure if it was fake or not. But I've reported a lot of fake LVs on both Tradera and Blocket. There's a lot of counterfeit products on these swedish websites :yucky:

Ha ha måste få veta !!!! (need to know), I have as well reported a lot of fake items on Blocket :biggrin: väntar på svar...kanske någon som driver =)

Good eye from Ishcat - I didn't even see the wear on the bottom right! I would ask for detailed photos, if you're considering this, OP. If your seller accommodates you, you can post those on the Authenticate This thread for Lee and Addy to take a look at. It very possibly could be authentic. It doesn't look like it's fake, particularly. I guess the seller could be describing something else when she mentions an authenticity certificate. (Or as someone else pointed out, it could be a certificate from a consignment store like Yoogi's, if she bought it second hand herself.)

Good eye from Ishcat - I didn't even see the wear on the bottom right! I would ask for detailed photos, if you're considering this, OP. If your seller accommodates you, you can post those on the Authenticate This thread for Lee and Addy to take a look at. It very possibly could be authentic. It doesn't look like it's fake, particularly. I guess the seller could be describing something else when she mentions an authenticity certificate. (Or as someone else pointed out, it could be a certificate from a consignment store like Yoogi's, if she bought it second hand herself.)

I think that´s just the light ? hmm it looks like it.
She bought it from Champs Elysées, Paris.

I saw this beautiful Speedy on a site (like ebay, only swedish) and this person is selling this "almost like new" bag for 320 dollars...how is this possible ?
It comes with certificate of authenticity, receipt and dust bag.

What do you guys think ? Too good to be true ?
This style was never very popular, the bag is NOT almost like new, it's faded and I'm sure the fabric shows wear if you get more pics. These bags don't age well and resell is low. So no it's not too good to be true, I've seen these bags around this price not sell at all. It's not based on what the bag was worth new, it's what it's worth now. HTH,