32 HAC vs. 35cm Birkin

mich327

Oct 7, 2006
sooo... as usual... wondering what to plan for my next bag.

I probably need a workhorse next, but I generally find the 35cm just too big and hard to carry. I'm wondering: Is the 32 HAC less bulky / a better alternative for someone like me?

I am generally a Kelly girl, but it's such a PITA to get in and out of that style that I can't really consider it for a workhorse.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

It is really depends on the personal preference of each. I was wondering the same earlier & I love the kelly much more than the birkin too. Now I figured out the 32 HAC is the perfect casual bag for me & collected 2 so far although I have both 30 & 35 birkin.

Its definitely a personal preference!!! I have always loved the kelly bag..and thought I will never get a birkin..in fact..I have tried both 30 and 35cm birkins but they just don't look right on me...I found the shape of the kelly bag looks good on me..but it looks a little mature...I tried on the 32cm HAC and fell in love right away...I now own one 32cm HAC...and love it...:smile:

mich327 I have both sizes & I find that the HAC 32 works better for me as a workhorse as it's size is easier to maneuver & it is lighter to lug around. I am carrying my 35 today & am really feeling her weight. Here are comparison shots for you:

Attachments

• 17102008472.jpg
    17102008472.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 17102008473.jpg
    17102008473.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 337
For a workhorse, definitely a HAC 32 esp if you work in a corporate environment. The HAC lends a streamlined and smart look to any professional. Not to mention the bag is deep enough to carry documents (without having it sticking out). It's also less bulky than a 35 which I find tends to bump into things/people when carried on the arm. Go for a HAC, a definite must for any working gal!

I love the 35 but it's more of day bag when i want to load up. i love LOVE LOVE the 32 HAC (I have acquired two pre-loved 32's this year) for their lack of bulkiness and perfect day to evening dressy size. you can wear it to work and out for a dressier event if you like larger bags. It is not as long, the 35 hits me just above the knee (i am 5'3") when on my arm and the 32 more mid-thigh and it doesn't seem to bump into things as much or overpower me. they both serve their functions and I think it depends on hwat your bag collection is like. if you want it to go with everything and the most possible occassions, i think the 32 HAC is the perfect bag!

I'm looking mainly for an extra work bag, so maybe it won't hold my computer (although it will fit since mine is tiny, but it would be too heavy since the straps are so short), but I can carry documents in it and still have it close. The 35cm is just too wide for me. Looks great on sooo many of the TPFers, but just not on me! If I weren't working full-time, I'd definitely opt for another Kelly :heart: instead... and the nice thing is that it's less businessy looking than the Whitebus