31mm white dial & Roman Numerals or White dial & diamonds photographs wanted!!

Gilly

O.G.
Aug 6, 2007
So sorry for being a pest, but if anyone out there has either of the following Rolex, please, please upload a photo as I need as much help as I can get!

Stainless steel Datejust, with Oyster bracelet, 31mm with fluted bezel with either the White dial with Roman Numerals or
with White dial and diamonds.

I'm getting desperate now as I have taken Monday off to see the jeweller to make my final choice, I know a lot of you have voted for the diamonds but the classic roman numerals are still sooo tempting...help!
:nuts:

I'm not usually this demanding - I'm just desperate!!

You sounded desperate so I though these might help (not exactly what you're looking for though) ;)

31mm, ss/18K, fluted bezel, white face with roman numerals, jubilee band

rolexdatejust020.jpg

rolexdatejust021.jpg

In order for me to advise, please provide more info:

1) age
2) type of work or career
3) children?
4) is this to be your only everyday watch or do you have others?
5) what other jewelry do you wear regularly?
6) do you get bored easily and want the newest trend or is this to be a forever classic piece?

Based on your responses, I'd better be able to help choose (IMO) which might be best for you!

In order for me to advise, please provide more info:

1) age
2) type of work or career
3) children?
4) is this to be your only everyday watch or do you have others?
5) what other jewelry do you wear regularly?
6) do you get bored easily and want the newest trend or is this to be a forever classic piece?

Based on your responses, I'd better be able to help choose (IMO) which might be best for you!

1) 32
2) Interior designer
3) None
4) I have a Versace for evenings, a Breil and a fun Foli Folli. I have grown a little tired of the Versace and would be looking to replace it with the Rolex. I would want to wear the Rolex for work, lunches, shopping trips, night out - basically whenever I can!:yahoo:
5) I only wear a platinum wedding band (thin 22mm) and a 3 diamond engagement ring. On the right hand I occasionally wear the Asprey diamond daisy ring.
6) I prefer classic pieces. I only want one statement watch and do not covet a collection - but I do want it to be funky, can dress it up or down. And like most girls I want everyone that sees it to coo over it and want to stroke it! :biggrin:

Thanks for the info! I'd definitely go for the diamonds like I originally said! If you were in your 20's or wanted a collection of watches, I'd say Roman numerals. But I think diamonds for you would be best!

Sorry I dont have a picture but if you are still taking votes I vote for roman numerals. I have a rolex (26mm) with diamond markers and I find it to be a little flashy as a daily watch. It works for a lot of women, but I don't wear too much bling, like you just my wedding set and occasional a necklace, and the watch just stands out too much. I love it as an evening watch when I go out though.
So I say the roman numeral as a daily watch. I myself am eyeing the air king......

Thank you to everyone for their assistance during this frantic weekend - I spent a wonderful day off today trying on even more Rolex watches and although I had my heart set on the 31mm Datejust I just couldn't resist the stunning beauty of the Air King, so in approximately 12 weeks (hopefully it will be sooner!) I will be the proud owner of the stainless steel Air King, Oyster bracelet, 34mm fluted bezel with white dial Roman Numerals and diamonds - as soon as I splipped it on I fell in love. :heart::heart:
I will post photographs as soon as it arrives.
Thanks again, I couldn't have done it without your help xxx :yahoo:

Last edited:
yay! air king is gonna be my next purchase! congrats, cant wait to see the pics! so you will have both roman numerals and diamonds hehe.....

I know, I couldn't believe it! The jeweller sat me down with a coffee, a choice of watches to try AND a darling catalogue of dials etc., and said nonchalantly "...of course there is the white dial, roman numerals with diamonds..." I took it as a sign from the Gods...I can't wait :P