Which Chanel tote for my 30th birthday?

• GST (Black with GHW)

• Cerf (Black with GHW)

Results are only viewable after voting.

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
So my 30th birthday is in March and my mother told me she would buy me a big gift. I have changed my mind a bunch on what I want for the past 6 months lol, but now I think I've decided that I'd like a new Chanel tote.

Here's the deal. My 1st Chanel I bought myself in 2007 was the Medallion, which to this day is my most favorite bag ever. I have it in black caviar. The rest of my Chanel bags are all flaps. 1 M/L, 2 Jumbos and 1 Maxi.

I really would love a new Chanel tote now and I'm between a black with GHW GST or Cerf tote, same color combo. Here's the thing though, I've had both these bags at home before a couple years ago and returned them because I felt each were too heavy for me. However, I've been wearing some heavier bags lately and I think I can handle them now. I'm just upset at how much each has gone up in price though, and it kills me to know I had them before at a lower cost. I guess I shouldn't think about it haha!

So I have no clue which one to get now. I remember thinking the GST was a bit boxy, but I've seen many after they've been worn in and I think it looks great. Also, I don't mind the slouchy Cerf totes either.

Which do you girls like better and more importantly, which one do you feel justifies the newer steep price now? $2900 for the GST, or $3000 for the Cerf...ugh so crazy :sweatdrop:

The GST is too similar to your medallion. I'd get the cerf tote because it's more understated (smaller logo). Plus, I think it's more versatile because it can be a handheld/shoulder bag with the straps.

Consider the Cambon tote if you don't like heavy bags. Since you have the Medallion tote and several flaps, why not consider a clutch or completely forget about Chanel for your 30th, get some jewellery or watch instead.

Consider the Cambon tote if you don't like heavy bags. Since you have the Medallion tote and several flaps, why not consider a clutch or completely forget about Chanel for your 30th, get some jewellery or watch instead.

No thanks on the Cambon ;)

Lately I'm carrying my suede Proenza Schouler PS1 which is definitely not light in weight, so I'm used to a heavier bag now. Regarding a watch, I have a lot that I barely wear and sure, I'm always up for jewelry, especially rings! But I don't wanna pass up a Chanel and I really need a new black bag for everyday :smile: We'll see how I feel come March though... haha!

I agree that the Cerf is definitely the option if you want something more understated. Maybe something you may use more for work? Not sure on your specific needs.

I personally am not sure how I feel on camera bags yet, but they have been growing on me the more I see them. May be lighter in terms of weight. Just another option to throw out.

Maybe check out some vintage bags/styles to see if any of those shapes inspire you. Not sure if you want a current collection/season bag.

And that is so frustrating on the price...but at least this time around its a gift! :smile:

Hope you find the perfect bag for your needs! No matter which you choose, its a CHANEL, and you can't beat that!

I like the GST because it's a younger look than the cerf tote. GST rocks!! Below is my GST collection for reference. Good luck on your decision. Happy early birthday!!

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j371/cpa123/GST008.jpg

Omg, the beige with gold has been on my wishlist forever. Not so sure in a GST, probably a flap, but that color combo is just TDF!!! Do you wear that bag often? Does it get dirty easily?

hello!!
considering your current collection i would choose the cerf tote and i personally feel (and agree) that the medallion tote is similar to the gst.
Good luck with your choice and Happy Birthday!