30th Bday Decision Diamond Bangle or Tennis Bracelet

twitspie

Instagram: twinkleandpearl
O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
Hi Everyone!

I turn 30 in December....I know it is at the end of the year and a long way off but I am super excited as I will get some bling :biggrin:

I am getting a 5 stone ring for my right hand and then either a 1.5 shared prong bangle or a 3 carat tennis bracelet (I am after something delicate). I did have my heart set on the bangle which I would have made to fit my wrist exactly but I was on pricescope and saw a 3 carat bracelet which I also like.

Do you think bangles are more modern then tennis bracelets? What would you go for?

Pics of each:

Attachments

• WF_3Prong_Bracelet_wrist[1].jpg
    WF_3Prong_Bracelet_wrist[1].jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,562
  • WF_3Prong_Bracelet_3[1].jpg
    WF_3Prong_Bracelet_3[1].jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • kamabracelet.jpg
    kamabracelet.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,014
tennis bracelet
bangles to me are much more "fun" jewellery you may not wear daily a tb is so classic you can really play with it dress up or down combine with you watch or wear alone on the other wrist etc. so i say tb first bangles for the next birthday

oh and on a personal note i really do not like the bangles only with diamonds on top i prefer them all around much nicer and optically pleasing but that is me

Hi Lilach,

Thanks for the reply :smile:. You make alot of good points! I was thinking that I could get the bracelet for my 30th then maybe a one carat really delicate bangle to stack with others in the future...like you said more for fun.

I agree with you on the diamonds the whole way around the bangle too - that would be my thirs option I guess - the bangle with diamonds making it into a 3 carat bangle versus the 3 carat bracelet.

Right now I think I am not leaning towards one or the other....I haven't tried any one so I think I should, I find it hard to find good quality bracelets/bangles in the UK.

Thank you!

oh really hard to choose! but if i have to choose one I think the tennis bracelet. I just think it is more wearable. BTW how much is either one? Are they similar price?

I would go with the tennis bracelet, there are many more styles of them now that look very classic/modern.
Also, although I love bangles, I worry when they have stones. The bangles are going to get banged around and will the stones fall out or crack?

Hey,

I know I am so confused....but I think I am leaning towards the bracelet as it is a classic. I don't think the stone sout of the bangle would fall out as it would get the same wear and tear as the bracelet....

Price wise the bracelet is more :smile:

Decision decision!

i tend to wear my tennis bracelet only for special occasions....so i have some advice...get a solid maybe single diamond or plain bangle to wear for everyday casual and get the tennis bracelet for your dressier days. my tennis bracelet is so delicate and it would be too much work to wear it all the time (plus my jeweler does not recommend it). i don't like the look of a lot of diamonds on the bangle...i prefer the classic tennis bracelet. GL!

Hearts on Fire makes a single-diamond bangle that is really pretty. That's what I'd go with.

Or a Diamonds-By-The-Yard type bracelet. They both seem more wearable.

The tennis bracelet is gorgeous and more practical for everyday wear. It's very classic and you will wear it forever.
If you choose a bangle, I would pick either a very simple one or a bangle with diamonds all around.