I am the first to cry about historical facts being distorted (Rome on HBO, Gladiator, The Scorpion King to name just a few) ,but the reason I loved the movie is because it stayed true to Frank Miller's graphic novel. Visually it was stunning and if anyone read Frank Miller, the scenes were simply lifeted from the artwork. The reason it lacks so much in terms of dialogue maybe is because there isn't much in Miller's original work. Its more dramatic and yet a very simplified version of what actually happened at Thermopylae. The movie isn't to be blamed for putting Persians in bad light - this was Frank Miller's take on it, a flight of fantasy. I don't think its meant to be racist although it is showing the Spartan version of things and in thier mind the Persians were the bad guys and therefore portrayed in a bad light. If anyone thinks this is an accurate portrayal of either Spartan or Persian culture then they need to rethink it.

I went to see it yesterday with 4 other girls! We all liked it! The visuals/images, the battle scenes and the acting were good! But I have to agree with everyone else that the abs were one of the highlights!!! Loved it! All those guys walking around in next to nothing... heavenly!!! lol And there were a few parts that I didn't care for (and obviously some innacuracies) but overall this movie is about the Spartans (who along with other Greeks) held off the invading Persian army that vastly outnumbered them! The story is inspiring to say the least!

I am the first to cry about historical facts being distorted (Rome on HBO, Gladiator, The Scorpion King to name just a few) ,but the reason I loved the movie is because it stayed true to Frank Miller's graphic novel. Visually it was stunning and if anyone read Frank Miller, the scenes were simply lifeted from the artwork. The reason it lacks so much in terms of dialogue maybe is because there isn't much in Miller's original work. Its more dramatic and yet a very simplified version of what actually happened at Thermopylae. The movie isn't to be blamed for putting Persians in bad light - this was Frank Miller's take on it, a flight of fantasy. I don't think its meant to be racist although it is showing the Spartan version of things and in thier mind the Persians were the bad guys and therefore portrayed in a bad light. If anyone thinks this is an accurate portrayal of either Spartan or Persian culture then they need to rethink it.
As they say, history is written by the victors...............

I wouldn't expect it to be historically accurate, I understand the movie is based on a comic which is very loosely based on the original story. Anyway, dialogues did feel a little forced (enough with the honour already!) but overall it was entertaining and pretty to look at (lots of toned abs lol).

I loved this movie! The only downside was the narrater, I found his voice a little annoying plus he was the guy who played the monk in van helsing and I couldnt get that out of my head :Push:

Ladies....did no one check out the legs on these guys? OOh there quads were :drool: (thats the gym girl in me!)

As mentioned the film is not meant to be historically correct. Its based on Frank Miller's graphic novel he worte back in 1998.