I had zero interest in seeing this. My husband dragged me to see it because he has been anticipating this movie for ages.

But I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! My goodness it was brilliant!

Oh my god, Xerxes in the movie is portrayed by Rodrigo Santoro!? I didn't even know, and PHH was the one who told me! :shame:

I :heart: Rodrigo :love:
Rodrigo-santoro.jpg

While I was watching last week's episode of Lost, I realized that Rodrigo is one of the survivors! I was like, "Hey! That's the guy from 300!" Maybe he'll get bigger parts on Lost now that his movie has hit it big.

OHHH MYYYY :drool: :love: :graucho:

I just watched the abs... all night... with the IMAX experience- could not be more beautiful. Me likes!! Hubba hubbaaaa

lol, WORD!!!!:graucho::yes: saw it on imax too. the trainer who cracked the whip on these guys, esp our main hero, deserves a freakin academy award. i dont care if they give it out to trainers, they NEED TO!

and i agree, it ended sort of fast, but it was satisfying.

im so glad to see that women are enjoying this movie too, for reasons other than THE ABS, as :sweatdrop::drool: as they may be! ive always thought, and its proving to be the case, that women are alot more open to seeing (and enjoying) a wider variety of films than men. women will go see 300 in droves, but will men go see the latest jennifer garner romantic comedy? exactly. :P

DH and I wanted to watch this movie since we saw the trailer. We finally got to watch it last week and were definitely NOT disappointed. It has to be one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Definitely not one of those movies where all the best parts are in the trailer!

Hey ladies, :drool: abs aside - don't you think the Queen showed real girl-power??? :yes: Such a strong character IMO.

DH has been asking to watch it again - I might just do this weekend! ;)

My bf and I, with a few of my friends are going to see it this weekend. I am truely dreading it...but, I hope once I get there I am interested and I dont end up paying $9.00 for a nap!

One of my fave lines was when she said:

"...because only Spartan women give birth to real men."

HAHAH, YES!!:yahoo:

i loved how the queen was leonidas' equal, even though she stayed in sparta, she held her own. and he respected her and her opinion so much that he consulted with her before such an important decision. loved that:yes: