30+ women, what are you wearing on a daily basis?

lacoccinelle

Jan 4, 2012
For those of us who are 30+, what are you wearing on a daily basis? I feel the older I get, the less I should wear (yes, I know some feel it is the opposite). It's been a few years since I've worn makeup at all (typical had the baby, let myself go excuse) and now I'm trying to re-assess what I need.

Right now I use:
Facial moisturizer
Mascara

And that's it. Ideas? What do you all use? When I was in my early 20's, I used to use the whole foundation/powder/mascara/eyeliner/shadow(s)/blush/I could go on forever but I don't think I need that right now.

I'm in my early 30s work full time in a conservative law firm. For work, I wear sheer powder over tinted moisturizer, mascara, eyeliner (light application), cheek stain and lipstick or lipgloss. Once in a while I'll add eyeshadow but usually don't have time.

On weekends during the day, I wear mascara, powder and lip gloss.

I love to experiment with makeup so when I have evening plans, there's no telling what I might have on.

I also work in a law firm but it is FAR from conservative. I wear tinted moisturizer OR liquid foundation, depending on whether I hate my skin that day, with some light powder to set, undereye concealer (a MUST for me or I look like I have been partying for a week), blush (and bronzer in the summer), at least 2 shadows, liner and mascara. I have a drag queen named Taiwann that lives inside my body :P

I have oily skin so:
-Moisturizer/sunscreen (Combo product or separate)..devita/nia 24/Mac strobe cream/bioelements gel in summer/olay total effects mature skin therapy/elta md/aveeno
-Eye cream with SPF....usually devita since it's physical and not chemical but its not specifically for eyes
-Sometimes a primer if I feel like I need long lasting wear or a bit of a glow so mostly evenings or special occasions
-Sometimes clarins pore refining serum...mostly if going out or special occasion
-Foundation....guerlain lingerie or chamel vitalumnaire (only winter) or Armani LSF.....Armani has a new lift one that is supposed to be antiaging
-tinted moisturizer SPF on neck....usually summer time only...Laura mercier
-Illuminator on cheeks...nars cococabana
-Powder in summer...guerlain pressed or muffe hd
-Sometimes bronzer (evenings or summer)
-Blush
-eyeshadow...just 2 colors for day
-Now that I'm wearing less gloss and more lipstick, sometimes a lipliner..but mostly reserved for evenings
- gloss or lipstick
-eyeliner only in evenings
-mascara ...lancome definicils
-eyebrow pencil..Dior
-rarely eye primer...I've tried so many and most don't make a difference on me...I also don't wear eye concealer since it usually highlights any wrinkles and I don't have dark circles

Day look takes me 15 min....evening 25 min

I'm also a huge Lisa Eldridge fan....and she happens to be 42

I'm in my early 30's and I wear:

Origins vitazing, Concealer under eyes, blush, mascara and occasionally I'll tightline my top lid, lip balm

I am in my early 50s. On a day to day basis I wear tinted mositurizer, cream blush, sometimes eyeshadow, sometimes not, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick or gloss.
I wear glasses, so I feel like I need some definition around my eyes and then I feel like well, I have on eye makeup, might as well do the rest! Takes me tops 15 minutes in the morning to do hair and makeup. (I shampoo my hair at night and just flat iron in the am)

I forgot to say I also use an Anastasia brow pencil.
Once in awhile when I know we will be doing messy work (moving boxes of filing around, etc) I do powder, eyebrows and lip gloss.

Last edited:
I didn't wear a drop of makeup daily until 28 or 29. now in my 31st year I wear:

moisturizer and 70+ sunscreen
fill in my eyebrows
a little highlighter under my eyebrows
a little concealer under my eyes and some touche eclat in the same place except going more toward my high cheekbone area
lipstick

I am 44 (!!) and am told I look years younger. I swear by a daily fix of moisturizer with sunscreen and usually a liquid foundation with sunscreen too. I've been doing this 25+ years and I do believe it's made a difference.

moisturizer with sunscreen
liquid foundation
loose, sheer powder to set with a kabuki brush (mostly for eyelids)
powder blush
eyeliner
mascara
lipstick & a sheer gloss

XXXOO PG

I just turned 30, and I actually wear the same makeup I've been wearing since high school, but now I've ventured into blush and bronzer because I realized that w/o it, I look extremely pale and one dimensional as weird as that sounds!

I wear sunscreen moisturizer. but I've been putting more on my neck and hands lately as I feel like they're kind of starting to age a bit. Ugh. But seriously. I use at least a quarter sized amount every single day and have been since I was 15 and read about reversing sun damage in Teen Magazine. hahaha. SO grateful to teenage me for that though! I feel like it's really made a huge difference in how my skin has aged. Now if only I was more careful with my hands and neck! =(

Then I put on concealer on my eyes, and red areas.
I wear champagne colored eyeshadows, or yellow or orange since I have blue eyes.
Waterproof black mascara.
bronzer on my cheeks.
That's it.
Oh and chapstick/lipgloss. The funny part is, even with shimmery eyeshadow, apparently people think I don't regularly wear makeup. In the past couple of years I've had family members repeatedly tell me I was SO LUCKY not to have to wear makeup. these people saw me in the morning with none and then after I went into the bathroom and put it on! it made me laugh.

Foundation
little under eye concealer
HD/translucent powder
sometimes bronzer
always blush
mascara
eye liner on top
lipstick, gloss or balm

40 here, and I do wear less now then when I was younger....

Daily, I wear:
Tinted eyebrow gel
Mascara
Shadow
Shadow as a liner on my top lids
A bit of concealer on some red spots
Sheer mineral powder foundation
MAC sheertone blush
Vincent Longo Lip Stain
Smashbox O Gloss Lip tint over the stain

When we go out I add liquid liner to make a cat eye look, and switch my lipstick to either Lipstick Queen Medieval or a MAC Lipglass.

30's here I use tinted moisturizers mostly and foundation(it depends on occasion).
Concealer
mascara
Blush cream or powder
eyeliner
lipstick or gloss