30 vs 35

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I have always being a 30's lover. All my birkins are 30, but recently I have so many things to carry, that I might need to buy a 35.

I have always filled my 30s with laptop, books etc. I see it's not enough anymore. I've been looking for a victoria, for a 40 plume.... but than I thought I could just get a 35 for the hard everyday use.

What kind of leather and color should I get:confused1:

Costa, What is your job about ?

Law ? BOX Leather ...either black or Dark green
Fashion ? Ostrich... Orange or Violine
Finance ? Matte Croc ...Havane or Graphite
Film business ? Clemence...Bleu Jean or White
Food ? Clemence again...Chartreuse
Sports ? Togo .... Rouge Garance or Blue Brighton
Health ? Epsom...White
Jewelry ? Shiny Croc....Fuchsia
Nursery? Swift ... Rose dragee or Biscuit

Otherwise : Togo or Clemence Etoupe is a great everyday and neutral option :tup::heart:

Health ? Epsom...White

Otherwise : Togo or Clemence Etoupe is a great everyday and neutral option :tup::heart:

I *love* your analysis!

I bet we could come up with something based on astrology signs or personality types!

Health ? Epsom...White

Perlerare, bag advisor:tup: You did a great job and spot on! Now how about some recommendations for slackers?

Kept Woman
Trophy Wife
Dilettante
Trust Fund Baby
You can add anything you want:P

Health ? Epsom...White

Love it Perlerare. And for SAHMs one of each.

Health ? Epsom...White

GREAT ANALYSIS

Health ? Epsom...White

Perle, very interesting and thought out! I wonder what field YOU are in! :smile:

Costa, just remember, the 35 is significantly larger. I also use the 35 when I have more to carry, but sometimes it gets very heavy. I would recommend a lighter leather, such as togo since you will be carrying a lot of stuff. Clemence is lovely, but gets VERY HEAVY with even just a few things inside. So I guess it really depends upon how much stuff you are going to put in there. As for color, I love etoupe..can be used in both the summer and fall. If you want a color, I'm sure everyone can chime in..again, it's so personal. All H colors are stunning! You won't go wrong!

Health ? Epsom...White

AMAZING!!! VERY GOOD ANALYSIS.

Amazing!
I love your analysis!:tup:

I've got a new job and I have to travel a lot, so this bag will go on the plane a lot, will stay on the floor, rain etc...

Ok , here is what I had yesterday in my swift 30:
laptop, book, one magazine, one newspaper, agenda, dagon wallet, phone, blackberry, palm, ulysse notebook, hermes chachemire showl, one pochette, one change wallet. Things where coming out of the bag!! And I had all the documents in the other hand!:sos:

I don't want to carry two bags anymore I did for a while but it's really unconfortable and doesn't look too good on me. Briefecases make me look too much "career woman". I prefere to keep a more feminine look even if I have to bring a lot of staff with me

Colors: I like black, ebane, forest green, gold. If it wasn't for the "heavy work" I would have loved vache naturelle or even toile.

Etoupe is a lovely, adorable and fashionable color. But I don't know if I would like it in let's say five years, when, maybe, it's not going to be a fashionable color anymore, I don't really see it as a classic-for ever color.

I would love a kind of structured bag, but since i'ts a big size I don't know if box is going to be too much. That's why I was thinking of fjord, which is more structured than clemance. But Fjord might be too heavy?:sad:

The lightest leathers are Box, Epsom, Vache Liegée....Fjord is heavier than Clemence, IMO. If you like structured bags, VL is supposed to be pretty indistructable. Otherwise Togo, which is a bit less slouchy than Clemence, but they're not making much Togo at the moment..... As for colours, all the shades of brown, I like rouge H in Clemence, olive green? vert bronze is lovely, if it's still around....I can't really think of other "neutrals" You're getting Raisin, you don't want etoupe.....What about Prune? I LOOOVE it, both in Box and Swift, that's a good neutral too, IMO!