30% off any bag for non repairable bag?

lexie09

Nov 4, 2009
So last week I took my rose patent Zoe to my FP store to be sent in for repair. They took it to a local repair shop and it couldn't be fixed. I went to pick it up today and they offered me a 30% discount on any bag. I thought they normally offered 40%. I took the 30% without hesitation but I thought it should be 40%. Any thoughts?

Hm. I thought it was 40% off (you keep the bag) or full credit if they keep the bag. I've only had one issue and they offered full credit on the spot as it was a known sealant issue. Can't remembered if they offered a % off or not, as I wasn't planning on keeping it.

Maybe they are changing the policy but I was in last weekend and got 40% on the spot and told that because my bag was over a certain age that she could not give me full credit. I didn't argue just bought another bag. I was given the bag back but the piping has come out so it will not be used anymore.

I got to keep the bag but I won't carry it. The sealant is peeling and it looks like crap.

O well. I ordered the teal maggie with PCE and she is TDF!!

The sealant CAN be repaired!! I took one of my Legacy bags that the sealant was totally wore off the handles into my boutique. They said Coach would not repair it BUT they have a local repair leather smith that is a Coach "Certified" repair place. They send all their Coach bags to him that they know Coach will not fix...one being sealant issues. I sent my Coach Legacy Slim Tote to him to have both handles resealed. Coach paid for it but the bottom line cost was $8.00. It is worth sending anything to him if you really want the bag. If you want his contact info let me know. He is in Michigan.... Does excellent work...

ive got a lily with sealant issues,the strap is separating in a few areas as well,it was made according to the creed L0769-11150. if i sent it will they fix it at jax give a 40%coupon or credit? what is too old? i keep hearing its a year then i hear 5. im confused. i wish they would fix her or replace her with a "hidden" stock lol.

The sealant CAN be repaired!! I took one of my Legacy bags that the sealant was totally wore off the handles into my boutique. They said Coach would not repair it BUT they have a local repair leather smith that is a Coach "Certified" repair place. They send all their Coach bags to him that they know Coach will not fix...one being sealant issues. I sent my Coach Legacy Slim Tote to him to have both handles resealed. Coach paid for it but the bottom line cost was $8.00. It is worth sending anything to him if you really want the bag. If you want his contact info let me know. He is in Michigan.... Does excellent work...

Just curious, where at in MI? I'm in MI too and would love to know if there is someone local I can trust with my bags :smile: