3 WOCs or Tweed Petals Flap?

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
I am making myself crazy again questioning my purchasing decisions. I just bought the tweed petals patent flap which is such a beautiful and unique bag. I think it is gorgeous, but I see it as more of a dressy bag and with young children and very few date nights, don't see using it very often in the near future. That being said, I wonder if I would regret returning it when the perfect occasion arises. It also likely won't be available again except on ebay or consignment if I pass now.

The reason for my debate is that there are some WOCs I am interested in, but can only get if I return the tweed petals. I already have 6 WOCs, but I honestly find them the most practical bags for everyday use running around with my twins. They can be worn crossbody, fit all of my essentials, and go perfectly from day to night. They are also great for travel.

So, do I keep the Tweed Petals or get 2 or 3 more WOCs? To further complicate matters, two of the WOCs I am considering are lambskin (black camellia and metallic silver quilted) which means I might not be able to use them every day since they may be more delicate.

Also, my current WOC collection is different from my avatar. I had to sell the white half moon because it got dirty too easily and exchanged the red camellia and black lamb chevron because I was afraid of lambskin with my twins. I now have black patent brilliant, black CC Strass, silver CC Strass, navy reissue, black reissue with GHW, and black caviar with GHW. I am thinking of adding black camellia, metallic silver quilted, and/or plum patent quilted.

What do you think? Thanks ladies!

Jennifer

I have a feeling I will be the odd one out, but I would keep the petals flap. When my SA first showed me the style I didn't think much of it but after I kept seeing it on eBay this bag has grown on me and now I really, really like this bag. I had the chance to buy it from my SA, turned it down and recently got the chance to get it at a great price...alas, the perfect combo I dream of is the black patent with red tweed and not black...

Anyway, you have quite a collection of WOC's already, why not go with something different for now? The flap is such a versatile size. It may seem dressier BUT the larger size makes it easier to dress up or dress down. I honestly don't carry my E/W often and even my M/L because I find the small size is a bit too dressy for tshirt and jeans.

:smile:

The Petals flap can be used as a messenger bag if you shift the strap around if you prefer messenger style bags.
With your WOC collection, I think the Petals flap might be something different bag, I vote for keeping the petal flap. I might be biased since I really do like mine.
On the other hand, if you really really really like the 3 WOC, then go for the WOC.
Lambskin is not that delicate and it takes color beautifully. I have a few lambskin and 1 of them is my go to bag that I use all the time without problems even in the rain.
Good luck and keep us update

Last edited:
I Remeber U helped me when I was debating a WOC!! I got the navy half moon and I love it.... That being said I think 2 or 3 might be enough so u should keep the other bag... I have a black patent jumbo that I pull out for those special occasions... Good luck

I think you should keep the Tweed Petals flap. As you said, this bag is seasonal and you will not be able to get her in the future if you change your mind, whereas the WOCs are always available. Even if one was available on the bay or consignment shop, the markup would probably be high and the bag will not be new. On the otherhand, WOCs are always released in new colors and variations, so i feel you would be able to get another one more easily than the flap. Also, since you already have 6 WOCs, the Petals flap would be a nice variation. It is a very special and pretty bag and I am sure you will find use for it. Good luck with your decision.

If I say you have enough WOC already...you can also ask all of us the same question... how many Jumbo, M/L, E/W, GST etc... is "enough"? I myself said I would love to have just 1 classic Chanel.. then I would be done with Chanel... but look at me now... eyeing on my 4th already :smile: My point... if you are into WOC and you think thats the style that you get most use of... then go for 3 WOCs. The patent can be used for that special occasion. Tuck the chains in and you got a very classy clutch with you for that special evening.

Good luck deciding!

Ok. I understand your deep love for WOCs and all things kid-friendly BUT your twins won't be toddlers forever Jennifer. You have plenty of WOCs and what r u going to do with NINE WOCs when your twins are 5 and you have more YOU time? Keep the petals flap. It's special and it CAN be dressed down (not sweats, but def some nice jeans and flats/boots). And, as bluewin pointed out, it can be worn cross-body...AND IT's PATENT so you can wipe it off if the baby touches it with sticky fingers....so that's a bonus for you!

IMO, keep the petals flap. You are WOC banned :P

Last edited:
I agree with everyone voting for the petals flap. Your collection needs a little diversity; 6 WOCs are aplenty. Israeli_Flava is right on the money. Let us know what you decide and good luck!

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the input. I tend to go a little overboard when I find something I like, which is the reason for the vast WOC collection. I do think I would regret letting go of the petals flap when I have the right occasion to use it. It is very beauiful and unique. I just always feel bad when I have bags sitting in my closet for months with tags on them and start questioning my choices. The petals flap will stay. Thanks again!

Jennifer

I am glad to hear you are keeping hte petals flap over 3 more WOCs. I think it is special and won't be as easy to come by later on. WOCs are numerous and Chanel has them on hand regularly.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the input. I tend to go a little overboard when I find something I like, which is the reason for the vast WOC collection. I do think I would regret letting go of the petals flap when I have the right occasion to use it. It is very beauiful and unique. I just always feel bad when I have bags sitting in my closet for months with tags on them and start questioning my choices. The petals flap will stay. Thanks again!

Jennifer
You have made a great decision:biggrin::biggrin: