“3 in 1” Hermes Birkin from Fall/Winter 2021 Collection

It is so sad how this lovely bag made its way into the hands of a reseller who just buys this special B for a quick buck and not some of us Hermès affiniados who would have appreciated the bag for its beauty and clever design and actual wear it.
Agree. And you would think that if H is serious on finding out and banning resellers like these, that would not be hard to do. But of course, sales and money matters!

I totally agree, it is nowadays impossible to get your hands on limited edition bags. I'm a long term costumers and I've collected quite some bags over the years, but it bothers me to death to see that one way or another, reseller get their hands first on such special bags... and it's starting to be very irritating, to a point where Hermès is slowly loosing its appeal to me, because of reseller we 'the final costumers' get a shortcut on certain items - why does everything rotate around a profit?

Back to the 3 in 1. I have see this bag in person and tried it out in the boutique:

1. Love the idea and the concept behind it, but the price is a big turn off (10.700 EUR).
2. Design doesn't necessarily meet practicality, was told by my SA that costumers are not so smitten with this new model.
3. Slouchiness will occur over time, because the back of the bag doesn't have a solid structure that will allow the shape to be kept in place.
4. Sure, you have 3 bags in 1, but the pochette on its own doesn't look very appealing (at least to me).
5. Arranging the pochette on the inside of the bag can be quite annoying as one needs to pull out and re-arrange the straps within the loops.

Reviving in case anyone is curious. I love the simplicity of this bag, I didn't care about the hardware this time (I'm not typically a ghw gal). Here are pictures of the weights with and without the pouch (both minus lock/clochette). I personally feel it's easiest to use without the clutch, yet clearly personal preference/lifestyle! Definitely will be handy for protecting a wallet, valuables as the zipper would be impossible to get to when the pouch is attached.

tempImageaD8Khy.png

tempImageGXZqfI.png

Reviving in case anyone is curious. I love the simplicity of this bag, I didn't care about the hardware this time (I'm not typically a ghw gal). Here are pictures of the weights with and without the pouch (both minus lock/clochette). I personally feel it's easiest to use without the clutch, yet clearly personal preference/lifestyle! Definitely will be handy for protecting a wallet, valuables as the zipper would be impossible to get to when the pouch is attached.

View attachment 5582432

View attachment 5582433
Thank you for this intel! I'm still waiting for mine (we'll be bag twins!). Like you, I'm planning to use this mainly sans clutch.

Reactions: bettyboop888

View attachment 5582432

View attachment 5582433

My SA offered this exact same spec and I tried this on, surprisingly I found it lighter than a regular B30 (and your photo proofs that! :lol: ). I actually like how casual, practical and lightweight it is. I declined this because I have a black B30 already and it's a duplicate, but if my SA offer me again in another colour, I think I will definitely take it! \3r

My SA offered this exact same spec and I tried this on, surprisingly I found it lighter than a regular B30 (and your photo proofs that! :lol: ). I actually like how casual, practical and lightweight it is. I declined this because I have a black B30 already and it's a duplicate, but if my SA offer me again in another colour, I think I will definitely take it! \3r
Makes sense!

More photos of the 3 in 1 in gold with gold hardware. Details of the pouch.
And photo of the bag without the pouch, with the pouch tucked to the back and tucked to the front.

View attachment 5599266

View attachment 5599267

View attachment 5599268

View attachment 5599269

View attachment 5599270

View attachment 5599271

View attachment 5599272
Thank you so much for all the photos! I can't wait for mine to arrive (hopefully before year-end)! Can you share with us, how do you usually wear this? without the pouch? How do you find the pouch? And if you have other Bs, how does this compare to the normal Bs?