3 buys in 2 weeks... Guilt?

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
So I just ordered a Montsouris GM for school this semester today... I bought a delightful earlier today and a speedy b de 35 last week. I've been in Miami so having an LV nearby is causing my splurges!!! I usually live in Tally where there is nothing!

Should I feel guilty? I'm not spending money I don't have.... But I will admit I'll be living a bit tighter this month then most. Should I feel guilty? Or simply EXCITED?

I don't feel guilty, my family makes me feel like its wrong. They don't understand my bag obsession and always make me feel bad for spending 1000+ dollars on a purse! Lol plus I'm only 18 and they think all my items are enough already... But I just want more! :P

As long as you have the money and are not going onto debt. It is a good idea to make sure all school expenses are paid and open a saving/retirement account even at 18 though. I did not do that, had to fund Wake law with loans (did not know I could claim NC residency after a year for UNC). It's a burden I could do without and we are scrambling to put in the max into our SEPs to at catch up. I am so blessed to have had a great job with incredible retirement benefits so I did not think about it at the time.

I do not think that you shoud feel guilt (because you can afford that) but I think you shoud slow down a little bit. Because, I think it is great to wait, dream about the new bag and plan on buying it. If you buy instantly what you like at the moment, I think that you are missing on that sweet waiting, suspense time. For me, that is the greatest feeling.

So long as you're not running yourself into debt, I don't see an issue but I can definitely sympathize with your sense of guilt.

I bought my Mahina L and vintage Chanel flap within the same week. Although I could definitely afford it, a part of me did feel a little guilty about spending so much so fast but once my babies arrived, I thought it was the best decision I ever made!

If you were my daughter I would just tell you to slow down.
Make sure you have your "Needs" and "Wants" in check.
Even though you're young, You can always benefit from a big savings account!!

I guess it depends on whose dime you're living off.

If you're living on your own dime, then you can spend your money any way you choose. Wisely or foolishly.

If you're living on your parents' dime and dropping a couple of grand on wants and not needs, then I wouldn't be too shocked that they'd having something to say.

If you can afford it, go for it! Also, if you don't have LV by you normally then it makes sense that you want to splurge while you can. I have learned to go alone into the LV boutique because my family questions the prices too.

Don't feel guilty! I just got my first LV for Christmas from my hubby, and yesterday I ended up treating myself to a second bag... :P I felt bad initially, but I will not splurge any more for a while that's all