3 1/2 months later

Patati

Jan 4, 2006
Saturday I finally got to take my November bought choco Paddy for its first walk. It's been a looong winter here up north.

I meet up with a good friend whom I haven't seen in a while. First she compliments me on my coat (not new but very nice Patrizia Pepe) and then spots the Paddy. "Oooh nice", she says, touches it and asks, "is it leather?"

LOL didn't she know that all paddies are made from plastic? We had a very hard winter with heavy snow here and the paddies are very insensitive to water. I use her as my bad weather bag so you don't need to worry.

OMG do you have TARGET in Stockholm? Nice plastic ones there! Reminds me of a line from Working Girl: "Six thousand dollars? It's not even leathah!"

Congrats for finally being able to take your paddy out!! Woohoo! The leather comment, don't worry about it. I'm sure she's not a person who's into bags and just wanted to compliment you but didn't quite know what to say. I bet her first instinct was to blurt out.. "Wow! A giant padlock!" but caught herself and came up with "is that leather" instead, LOL! I know, not the most eloquent save but I'm sure she just wanted to make mention of it so it looks like she noticed details about you:smile: I've done that a few times, hehe, in other situations. Oopsies... hahaha!

blugenie said:
^^ Sue, you're so nice! But that's so true! :smile:

Aw thanks, blugenie:biggrin:. But ya know.. there was a time where I did that quite consistently, it seemed:shame:. If you met me for the first time, you'd think I've had very little social interaction, lol!

I hate that foot-in-mouth scenario! :shame: You never know how someone will take it... But saying something I imagine is better than saying nothing because you have no idea WHAT to say, like moi! Yes, it can be very difficult for bag-coveters to relate to their non-coveting friends, and visa-versa! :amuse:

blugenie said:
OMG do you have TARGET in Stockholm? Nice plastic ones there! Reminds me of a line from Working Girl: "Six thousand dollars? It's not even leathah!"

:lol: :lol: That quote " It's not even leathah" is my DH and my favorite quote from that movie and (in jest) he says it to me every time I try to explain away why a leather bag I had just gotten was so expensive!! :biggrin: :biggrin: