2nd Round SPECIAL ORDER: BBW MAB w/ Gunmetal HW/Fuchsia zipper track

Jul 25, 2008
Hi Ladies! Although there seemed to be some issues with the recent BBW SO's, I think we can all agree that the BBW w/silver HW and Fuchsia zip tracks came out absolutely gorgeous. Truly TDF! About a month ago Codi stated that another SO could be done, as long as there are 8 gals. After seeing the reveals, I've decided that I HAVE TO HAVE one (with a few tweeks). I'm hoping that 7 other ladies will feel the same about my HG bag. I sent Codi a confirmation email today, so hopefully I will hear back soon. Here are the specs that I listed to make my perfect, HG bag:

• Deep Stamp Black Basketweave leather with black pebbled leather MAB
  • Fuchsia Zip tracks
  • Gunmetal Hardware, mixed, with actual zipper pulls and square hardware
  • long, unfinished tassles
  • BBW long strap
  • updated inside with three open pockets, one zip pocket, metrocard pocket and keyfob, if possible
  • Octagon feet (not a deal-breaker for me)
  • floral lining (not a deal-breaker for me)
Well, what do you all think? Any others interested in owning one of these bags??? I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait to hear what some of you all think :graucho:

Last edited:
Here are some pics that I borrowed from TaraPrep's reveal thread. I hope that it is ok for me to post here, if not, Mod's please remove. Please note that this is of a MAM reveal. Just look at how HAWT that bag is!!!

Attachments

• BBW with Fuchsia zip track.jpg
    BBW with Fuchsia zip track.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 361
  • BBW2.jpg
    BBW2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 304
Being optimistic, I'm going to start a signup list:

• Deep Stamp Black Basketweave leather with black pebbled leather MAB
  • Fuchsia Zip tracks
  • Gunmetal Hardware, mixed, with actual zipper pulls and square hardware
  • long, unfinished tassles
  • BBW long strap
  • updated inside with three open pockets, one zip pocket, metrocard pocket and keyfob, if possible
  • Octagon feet (not a deal-breaker for me)
  • floral lining (not a deal-breaker for me)

1. Snakeygoddess

* Deep Stamp Black Basketweave leather with black pebbled leather MAB
* Fuchsia Zip tracks
* Gunmetal Hardware, mixed, with actual zipper pulls and square hardware
* long, unfinished tassles
* BBW long strap
* updated inside with three open pockets, one zip pocket, metrocard pocket and keyfob, if possible
* Octagon feet (not a deal-breaker for me)
* floral lining (not a deal-breaker for me)

1. Snakeygoddess
2. luvs*it*
Also, will the gunmetal hardware be the lighter gunmetal, or the darker gunmetal?? I would personally prefer the darker gunmetal. I would also have to have the Black & White Floral lining (or Mosaic lining if it's available). I would love to get this bag!! :smile:

before i sign up...how much will this one be? i'd love to have one...with signature hardware, if possible. do they do special orders for sig hardware? (total rm newb)

before i sign up...how much will this one be? i'd love to have one...with signature hardware, if possible. do they do special orders for sig hardware? (total rm newb)

*~*I've never done an SO before, but I believe the deposit is 30% which would be $178.50 (if the bag is $595) and the remaining balance of $416.50 when the bag is completed (usually 12-14 weeks). I don't know if RM can do signature hardware in gunmetal, but that would be *amazing* if they could!! Maybe Desi or LittleRock could weigh in on this question??*~*

* Deep Stamp Black Basketweave leather with black pebbled leather MAB
* Fuchsia Zip tracks
* Gunmetal Hardware, mixed, with actual zipper pulls and square hardware
* long, unfinished tassles
* BBW long strap
* updated inside with three open pockets, one zip pocket, metrocard pocket and keyfob, if possible
* Octagon feet (not a deal-breaker for me)
* floral lining (not a deal-breaker for me)

1. Snakeygoddess
2. luvs*it*
3. d&blover84 (if we can have silver signature hardware or other sig hardware color)

Thanks for the interest and information ladies! I will ask Codi about the gunmetal hardware that is available. Does anybody have a link to a pic of the lighter one? I don't think that I have ever seen it. I will also inquire about signature silver hardware if the gunmetal isn't to our liking, but I"m hoping that the GM will be what we want because I am dying for this bag in GM :smile:

Snakeygoddess- Good Luck! I hope this happens for you! Asking about the gunmetal hardware is going to be useless because according to RM there is nothing wrong with their GM. There's no light or dark to them, just GM.

That's true tara!!! Lol...there is a pic of the "new" GM that knas took...as well as comparisons between the old, new, and silver...it is in the BBW with purple thread...the new GM is a between the dark GM and silver colorwise...like a hybrid of the two...

Ok, here is the link to the BBW MAM w/ Purple Zip Track thread with pictures posted by Knas about halfway down the page (for some reason I am having trouble uploading the photo directly from that thread). Notice that Knas was kind enough to compare the silver, then "new" GM, then "old" GM.While I do see that the "new" GM hardware is lighter, I still like it and prefer it to gold or silver. I just like darker toned hardware with this bag, don't know why. Maybe because it seems less shiney??? IDK. So I am still down for GM, and will be happy whether we get the "old" or "new" GM version. As someone who grew up with a mother that was a fashion designer and a father that worked in the textile business, I do understand that something made from an earlier production run can have a slight variation in color from something made during a later production run. Whatever GM hardware RM has been able to purchase from the hardware manufacturer, I'm confident that it will be beautiful on this bag as it was with all the other SO's. So, as long as the details are correct on this bag and are what we asked for, I have no problem with the color of the GM being slightly lighter.

What do you gals think???

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...r-bbw-mam-w-gunmetal-hw-purple-514354-79.html