2nd hand BAGGY GM worth $400?

gabbyss

mommy of 3
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
South Florida
I've never bought any LVs second hand but I can't find this bag anywhere in stores, I originally wanted the PM size but I came across one in great condition for $400 in my area, do you think its worth it? Does denim hold up and keep its value IYO?:shrugs:

Jul 3, 2006
I wouldn't buy it with the idea of it keeping its value. Buy it only if you love it. Denim fades. I personally don't love the denim line, but if you love it and will use it, then it's worth whatever you want to pay for it. I never buy bags with the hope of resale. The market is a finicky place, especially in this economy.

gabbyss

mommy of 3
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
South Florida
you're right, I'm not "in love" with it but I've always wanted one of the baggys in the denim line. I'll definitely use it but I get tired of bags easily. The fading was what I was most worried about in addition to never buying a 2nd hand LV I don't think I'll love it as much. I guess the fact that I even have to ask is proof that I should prob leave it right? ;) Thanks

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
YES. i would 100% get it if its in decent condition. $400 you'd have to add more than 1k to get a new one

Jul 23, 2006
If you really like it, $400 is a good price. You just have to be really careful that it's authentic.

gabbyss

mommy of 3
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
South Florida
Thats what I was thinking, its hard to come by. I'm supposed to meet up with her this weekend so I'll inspect and update.:cutesy:

Jul 3, 2006
I steer clear of craigslist as a general rule. The denim part doesn't look to be in very good shape though. Seems dingy and dirty, but it may be just the picture. I don't think there is enough in just that picture to tell. Try posting on the authenticate this forum.

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
i just got scammed on craigslist. i was selling some unwanted jewerly and the guy sent me a phony check. i went to the bank and they confiscated it.

the pic is very blurry. and from the way the listing reads, i highly doubt that they bag will be authentic. the pic looks as if it would be authentic, but you can never tell these days....bait and switch

Rockysmom

O.G.
May 24, 2008
I would ask if you can see a pic of the inside, the date code and other areas of the bag. I would want to make sure there are no stains on the demin or that it smells. I don't know how you would even clean it safely.
I just bought the Cabby Neo and think denim is fab! Good luck.

gabbyss

mommy of 3
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
South Florida
I'm leery but just requested more pictures. She said she bought it at the LV at the gardens mall so we'll see what the date code is.

_Shelly_

Loves Her Baby Girl!
O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
Virginia
If it's authentic, then $400 is a good deal. They sell for twice that on ebay. However, you can't see the condition of the bag by that picture.