2nd date Swing dancing...What shall I wear?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've got a second date planned with I guy friend I have a crush on and I'm not quite sure what to wear. He loves to dance and has asked me go swing dancing with him on Sunday at the end of date #1. One obvious problem is that I have two left feet and don't know how to dance, but I'm determined to have fun and learn.

But now I'm more concerned of what outfit to wear. So far I'm thinking maybe a cute solid jersey skirt (possibly from american apparel) and ballet flats. I'd love to hear suggestions or recommendations from the fashionably talented.

Thanks,
    c

2. I'd suggest a dress instead, since you like AA, maybe this one?

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsa8339.html

As much as guys love skirts, they love dresses even more. Opt for a slightly perky colour that looks great on YOU (skip black, white, creme, nude, brown, and navy) Wear your hair up so your shoulders and neck are visible and stick a cute flower in your hair or something :O) He'll love it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps!

(flower=Tarina Tarantino)

3. I think your outfit sounds appropriate. I've been to several swing dance clubs, and with the exception of a few people who get ultra glammed up, most people there are very, very casual. Like jeans and t-shirt casual. But since it's a date, you should get a little dolled up, so a cute skirt or dress would be a good idea!