2nd Child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all, I'm feeling girlie vibes today (or desperately wanting to feel girlie vibes), I'm already thinking of buying the tiny tiny tiny LV Speedy for my 'possible' girl. A little too soon?

Congrats!!! My 2 girls are 4 years apart, my sister and I about 1 year. We are close and my girls couldn't be closer. I think no matter how close in age or how far apart they are a blessing!

bobojue said:
Thank you all, I'm feeling girlie vibes today (or desperately wanting to feel girlie vibes), I'm already thinking of buying the tiny tiny tiny LV Speedy for my 'possible' girl. A little too soon?

Oh how cute!!! Go for it.

bobojue said:
I'm incredibly nervous (wouldn't have guessed since it's my second time), because my baby boy is only 11 months, and still need a great deal of attention. Don't know how having a child so soon would mix.

For all you bag loving mommies out there, how does the second child factor into everything? Was it any easier? Some wisdom would be appreciated.

My children are 14 months apart. I became pregnant with my son when my daughter was only 6 months old (oops!) I think I cried for two weeks.

Now that they are 3 and 4, life is so much easier. Yes, it will be hard for the first year or so; especially for the first 6 months. However, it is soo worth it. I will never forget the day that my daughter (who was 2 1/2) took my son's hand in the car while sitting in their car seats and just started giggling. I knew right there and then that FOR ME having two children so close in age was a blessing.

Now they are buddies. Sure they fight sometimes, but it is great that they both love the same books, toys, activities.

Congratulations to you! If you ever need someone to email I will be here for you!!!!!

Take care of yourself!
Rebecca

Thank you Rebecca, it is really a 'stabilizer' for me to hear these experiences. I know I will have a tough time ahead of me, but I count my lucky stars cause my Mom is here to help. I just worry about my son's extreme need for attention and my inability to give that to him once #2 arrives.

How come you cried for 2 weeks? Is it cause of the worrying like me now? I think I smiled for the first time today knowing that I have my son/daughter in my belly.

Congrats BObojue .........And as long as you have help available to you (your husband /family ) Everything should be a ok ........I have two children but they are 7years apart .Yes the drive each other crazy , but in the end they love each other dearly .........Just be sure to included your son in the experience : )

bobojue said:
How come you cried for 2 weeks? Is it cause of the worrying like me now? I think I smiled for the first time today knowing that I have my son/daughter in my belly.

Yes, it was because I was allready so overwhelmed with my 6 mo old daughter (who nursed 24/7 and never slept) I thought I could never pull off caring for two. After a few weeks I became excited and now I just look at my son and could not imagine life without him :love:

My current status: I'm hungry allllll day, or maybe just case I have the 'license to eat', and I just lost all my 60 pounds that I gained......................................

My boy is extra clingy this past 2 days, my Mom is superstitious and says that baby senses these things, thus is being extra needy so I don't forget about him.

bobojue said:
My current status: I'm hungry allllll day, or maybe just case I have the 'license to eat', and I just lost all my 60 pounds that I gained......................................

My boy is extra clingy this past 2 days, my Mom is superstitious and says that baby senses these things, thus is being extra needy so I don't forget about him.

Thats an old wise tale ......of a sign of your with child , another is when your first born is advance at a young age , like potty trained , off the bottle etc......... they say they are making room for the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.