2nd Birkin or 1st Kelly

Lola191978

Sep 19, 2017
So I can only make one more large Hermes purchase this year. I have a 30cm Birkin but I’m torn whether I want to get a 35 cm Birkin or a Kelly. Any suggestions? I cannot make up my mind, and I have to let my SA know soon so that she can have something ready for me around August.

Depends on your lifestyle , preference and aesthetics. I don't own a Kelly yet though I have one sellier on special order. I prefer to use my quotas towards Birkins and SO Kellys in Chèvre cos I just can't warm up to Epsom - in sellier

Reactions: Cavalier Girl
I own both and love both
Each bag has its role in my collection.
The strap is very useful. The Kelly can easily be used open or semi open like the Birkin so you really don’t have to open and close the straps every time if you don’t want to. The Kelly is an amazing versitie bag!
If you feel like it has a role in your bag family then a Kelly. If you just want a second larger Birkin then the Birkin 35 will be fantastic as well
Good luck deciding !

Last edited:
Reactions: Juvelen
I own both Birkins and one Kelly. I love all of them but if I had to choose, I would pick a Birkin. For size, I love B30 and B25. You can’t go wrong with either. Can’t wait to hear which one you pick

I will suggest you go for Kelly. You have the same dilemma as I am. When I got my Kelly, I feel in love with Kelly as it is a very handy bag to use. You can always add another Birkin after your Kelly. :smile:

Reactions: liness92