$2k: Too much for the Watercolor Speedy?

The price of a LE Watercolor Speedy size 30 is just whatever the market will bear. The 30 will fetch way more than the 35 because the 30 was not released in the US.

I have a 30 and I paid a pretty penny for it because:

I wanted it badly
It was in perfect condition
I'm a real fan of pink and girly patterns for accessories
It goes with a lot of my wardrobe

I'm glad I got it and its a thrill to carry it. To each his own I suppose. :cloud9:

These are great points and I agree. I'm like this with the Mirage Speedy in Noir. If ever I find one in perfect condition, she's mine no matter the cost!

I know limited editions fetch more than store prices once they sell out, but is $2000 a pipe dream on the seller's part? For argument's sake, let's assume it is authentic. She is also selling it with receipt, box, dust bag. And no, the seller is NOT me. The most I've paid for an LV is $1600 at the store, so that's why I'm asking the PF experts ��
"Too much" for an LE bag is all relative. It's worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. Since it can't be purchased any longer, the original retail price doesn't mean much. I posted my LE roses pochette for $599 (reasonable mark-up from original retail) and didn't get any buyers. This would leave me to believe it wasn't worth that much. I sold it to Fashionphile for $450 and they sold it for around $900! So was it worth $599 or $900? It just depends on the buyer. (Oh and I regretted selling and found another one later for under $300!)

The ebay completed auctions will give you a good idea of what something is going for and they have been selling for $1500 to over 2k, so yes, based on the market, it is currently worth around that much. For a seller that is willing to wait for the right buyer, 2k is not a pipe dream. But a seller that wants quick cash would be wise to price it a bit lower. It's just like selling house.

The price of a LE Watercolor Speedy size 30 is just whatever the market will bear. The 30 will fetch way more than the 35 because the 30 was not released in the US.

I have a 30 and I paid a pretty penny for it because:

I wanted it badly
It was in perfect condition
I'm a real fan of pink and girly patterns for accessories
It goes with a lot of my wardrobe

I'm glad I got it and its a thrill to carry it. To each his own I suppose. :cloud9:

I have to agree :smile: I did the same thing (overpaying waaaay too much) for LE MOCA Neverfull MM (I believe I overpaid aroud $1100.) But it was something I wanted badly and I was glad I did it... even though it, from time to time, still bugs me how much I paid for it. Oh well...

I think it's too much as well. But I'm not terribly fond of it. It's just a speedy in a different print. I don't like it enough to pay more than twice the price of a monogram or damier speedy - whether it was limited or not. So no - I don't feel it's worth it.

Hello
I'm new here but been reading TPF for a long long time and I know people here always have the best advice :smile:
I'm curious to know how much would you pay for a preloved speedy 30 in DE ?
I already have a speedy 30 in DA I bought at an LV store and I am thinking about going the preloved route for one in DE...what do you think ?

Hello
I'm new here but been reading TPF for a long long time and I know people here always have the best advice :smile:
I'm curious to know how much would you pay for a preloved speedy 30 in DE ?
I already have a speedy 30 in DA I bought at an LV store and I am thinking about going the preloved route for one in DE...what do you think ?

I've never seen authentic ones in good shape for less than $600. Most of the time they are more.

I paid $1500 for my Watercolor Speedy Size 30 3 years ago. It was in perfect condition and had almost no patina at all. Must have been kept in a dust bag. I had it authenticated and purchased it off Ebay. It is one of my most complimented bags. I still love it and don't feel it is at all dated. I pretty much only use it during Spring and Summer. As many have said, it's all about how much you want it and what you are willing to pay.

the price of a le watercolor speedy size 30 is just whatever the market will bear. The 30 will fetch way more than the 35 because the 30 was not released in the us.

I have a 30 and i paid a pretty penny for it because:

I wanted it badly
it was in perfect condition
i'm a real fan of pink and girly patterns for accessories
it goes with a lot of my wardrobe

i'm glad i got it and its a thrill to carry it. To each his own i suppose. :cloud9:

+1

I paid $1500 for my Watercolor Speedy Size 30 3 years ago. It was in perfect condition and had almost no patina at all. Must have been kept in a dust bag. I had it authenticated and purchased it off Ebay. It is one of my most complimented bags. I still love it and don't feel it is at all dated. I pretty much only use it during Spring and Summer. As many have said, it's all about how much you want it and what you are willing to pay.

I totally agree.... I missed the boat when it launched. I just posted this today in WTB. It is perfect for Spring and Summer IMO. But as someone else posted...to each his own...but I do believe $2k is a bit much for it.

Good luck, I hope you find one that suits you!

Thanks for the advice, my PF experts! My offer of $1600 with receipt, box, bag, dust bag, lock and key, tags, and booklet was accepted. The bag looks new, minus three pen marks. I feel I got a good deal and she's glad I actually paid because she's had bad luck with buyers paying since she posted in late December. Here's her photos. I'll post my own photos when it arrives 💗📦💗. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391035429.870828.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391035450.637584.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391035461.654432.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391035526.704384.jpg