28cm Kelly on a very tall person - a bad look?

Aarponen

Proud & Preowned
O.G.
Apr 8, 2008
Hi you all, what do think about 6'2 tall person wearing 28cm kelly? Is it too small or too ladylike? I am on a skinny side on weight if that matters on your opinion.

I have B35 and would love a B40, but I am scared it is too heavy. In a way I would love a smaller bag too, hence thinking of the Kelly. What would you say? Anyone tall there with Kelly of that size with mod pics?

Huge thanks in advance!!!!

Hi you all, what do think about 6'2 tall person wearing 28cm kelly? Is it too small or too ladylike? I am on a skinny side on weight if that matters on your opinion.

I have B35 and would love a B40, but I am scared it is too heavy. In a way I would love a smaller bag too, hence thinking of the Kelly. What would you say? Anyone tall there with Kelly of that size with mod pics?

I'm 5'10 and think the 28 is ideal, actually, in Sellier. I do favor a formal traditional handbag look, though, so my sensibilities are influenced by that preference.

I say try one on-- I see no reason why it couldn't look very ladylike and elegant!

I am fairly tall as well and prefer the 28 for several reasons. They are lighter in weight and my bum back does not take kindly to hefty things. Moreover, the 28 fits what I need to carry with room to spare. It is a manageable size meaning it doesn't get bumped into. There's no concern at all its ability to transition from day to evening without looking like a eat at Joe's billboard.

I am only about 5'5 tall, but I do love the 28 Kelly. A perfect size from day to night IMO. I never regret that I got this size. I have one Kelly on order in a size 32 atm. Just to have some more variation because I don't own a Kelly in size 32 yet ;).
Since you are skinny and tall, I think the Kelly would look very elegant on you.
And if you don't carry a lot of things inside your bags, I think the 28 can definitely work for you.
However, the 32 would also looks great on you btw. 32 is still smaller than the 35 B you have and more roomy than a 28 Kelly.

I am fairly tall as well and prefer the 28 for several reasons. They are lighter in weight and my bum back does not take kindly to hefty things. Moreover, the 28 fits what I need to carry with room to spare. It is a manageable size meaning it doesn't get bumped into. There's no concern at all its ability to transition from day to evening without looking like a eat at Joe's billboard.

This is so true. The smaller bags make for far less stress in crowds for this reason, I find.

Thank you so much much on your comments!!!! I am so torn between 28 and 32, but most vintage Kellys seems to be 28, and, and I want to try out this style less inexpensive way than straight from a store, and I am just wondering how would it work out... Thank you thank you!!!!

I personally think it will look too small or evening like, which might limit the occasions when you will use it. You would definitely consider 32 before you pull the trigger on a 28. Good luck!

I;m nearly 5'8 and have a 32cm Sellier Kelly which I prefer, a 28 is too small for me, can just about get the day essentials in a 32!
A B40, especially in Togo, will break your arm off, stick to 35cm ;)

You saying I look weird coz I'm tall and using a 28 -- fey on you. My fave SA who just left has a 28 and in heels is as tall as I am in ballet flats. She's tres chic and she, too, prefers the 28. I think a lot of women bought into the big ba(n)g theory about when KL came out with the cabas or as the SAs called it the trash bag.

Seriously though you need to look at the sizes if at all possible. If that is not possible then resort to the in home visual aid arts and crafts workshop where one cuts out a 28 and 32 to their measurements. Then stand in front of a mirror and you can get a pretty close idea. If you carry a long wallet mostly, then go for the 32. When I use the KL wallet sometimes I have to tilt it a bit to get it in but that's because of the fold on the side of the purse. (I still don't think I look weird carrying a 28 -- weird perhaps in other says but not the size of my purse.)

You saying I look weird coz I'm tall and using a 28 -- fey on you. My fave SA who just left has a 28 and in heels is as tall as I am in ballet flats. She's tres chic and she, too, prefers the 28. I think a lot of women bought into the big ba(n)g theory about when KL came out with the cabas or as the SAs called it the trash bag.

Seriously though you need to look at the sizes if at all possible. If that is not possible then resort to the in home visual aid arts and crafts workshop where one cuts out a 28 and 32 to their measurements. Then stand in front of a mirror and you can get a pretty close idea. If you carry a long wallet mostly, then go for the 32. When I use the KL wallet sometimes I have to tilt it a bit to get it in but that's because of the fold on the side of the purse. (I still don't think I look weird carrying a 28 -- weird perhaps in other says but not the size of my purse.)

No, totally not sayin anyone tall with a 28 would look weird at all... My first Kelly was a 28 and even though I'm only 5'8 I wore mine all the time with 5 in heels. I just think the 28 is so small that you can only take the essentials along. If I had a day where I needed to carry more the 28 just didn't work.

I agree with you regarding how much one carries dictates the size needed to hold those things. Having learned to pair down to the minimum by using Chanel flaps for quite some time, the 28 has room to spare. That will not be the case for everyone certainly, but I would not shy away from a 28 because one is tall if all one carries fits easily into the 28.

The other factor to remember is the larger the bag the heavier it will be. I base that comment on leather and the more room one has available, the more one tends to toss in the purse. Most of realize some hides are heavier than others but generally speaking I beieve this to be true.