$2800 cardigan from J. Crew?! WTF?

This honestly doesn't suprise me. J. Crew ALWAYS has delusions of grandeur- everything from their Globe Trooter luggage to their hugely ovepriced basics.

That's why I like the Gap- they know who they are and keep it real.

I saw this online the other night and my thoughts exactly were 'wtf'?!!! In this economy?! A cardigan for $2800??!! From J. Crew?! I almost wrote them an email I was so pissed. lol Maybe it's lined with dollar bills or something though? :rolleyes:

I used to buy a ton of JCrew and honestly, I'm done! A lot of their prices have gone up, and while the clothes are cute, I haven't had such an incredibly awesome experience with their quality or fit to justify it.

IMO, this stuff is a rather transparent ploy to elevate their image in advance of raising their prices on their regular clothes EVEN MORE. For example, if they're a company that charges $2800 for a cardigan, who cares if they raise the price of a regular sweater from $199 to $249? Even if it's the exact same sweater, made at the exact same cost? As a consumer, I don't like a company that treats me like an idiot, and that's what JCrew is doing.

Funny because at that price, you could have (should have):
a chanel bag OR
Luis Vuitton, WITH a scarf OR
7 pair designer shoes
Boy howdy, that's a lot for a JCrew cardigan!

This honestly doesn't suprise me. J. Crew ALWAYS has delusions of grandeur- everything from their Globe Trooter luggage to their hugely ovepriced basics.

That's why I like the Gap- they know who they are and keep it real.

Yeah, I'm really inclined to agree. Did anyone else besides ValleyO and I see the ridiculous luggage for thousands of dollars??? I think J.Crew momentarily forgot they aren't Louis Vuitton.:shrugs:

IMO, this stuff is a rather transparent ploy to elevate their image in advance of raising their prices on their regular clothes EVEN MORE.

Exactly. Kind of like those $1 million shoes Stuart Weitzman put out, or the $1 million bra Victoria's Secret made... more of a publicity stunt than anything else. Except, on a smaller scale ($2,400), which makes me wonder if they're actually serious... :confused1:

Yeah, I'm really inclined to agree. Did anyone else besides ValleyO and I see the ridiculous luggage for thousands of dollars??? I think J.Crew momentarily forgot they aren't Louis Vuitton.:shrugs:

Oh my god, the luggage is the worst. At least I could take the Louis Vuitton somewhere - lay it on the floor, throw it in the trunk of the car. The JCrew? Ivory exterior. I'd be terrified to roll it through the airport, let alone throw it in the back of my SUV (that's right, folks, the back of my SUV is probably dirtier than the airport).

Someone at the JCrew corporate has fallen asleep at the wheel.