$2800 cardigan from J. Crew?! WTF?

i just received a sweater i ordered from jcrew and i thought i was paying more for better quality but NO , definetely not what i was expecting for "jcrew" and specially the price

Wow. I saw a 1200.00 Banana Republic 30 Year Anniversary Trench coat in my September issue of People Style Watch and thought WTF?!?!? I hardly consider anything from J.Crew or Banana to be couture.

In BR's defense, the $1,200 anniversary trench is leather. At least that somewhat justifies the price tag!

this dress is $3,500:
erez

I wouldn't own any of the above pieces as they are ugly and overpriced. However, I own some pretty incredible pieces from both J Crew and Banana Republic that manage to actually outshine some of my designer duds in terms of craftmanship, design and fit. I like some of the BR Monogram items and much of the J Crew collection.

To each their own. If these stores were not finding a market for these items, they wouldn't be producing them.

ITA. I could buy an exotic Hermes and LV, or literally a Chanel! I would never spend that much on clothing, ever. That's just ridiculous!

I bet the Beaded cardigan will fall off with time I'm sure. It doesn't matter if it's handsewn or machine-sewn, it won't hang in there for too long. It will come off, and that's $2000-$3000 down the drain!!

They are freakin liars!
They get all the work done in India where mostly all women wedding dresses have literally billions of beads on them! .Even those cost way less than this jacket.They are just making up a huge F.....profit for themselves:tdown: