$2800 cardigan from J. Crew?! WTF?

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
The Playground
*Barf*

$2800 is better spent on a ball gown for a dinner/banquet/social function or even a wedding dress.

NOT a (lets call it what it is) damn sweater with a nausating design!

Jan 28, 2007
I think I'd spend that money on a vacation instead!

What is their purpose in this? I think they're just trying to see what they can actually get away with! They obviously think very highly of themselves.

godsavechanel

Feb 9, 2008
i wouldn't spend that much on it personally, you could buy a purse and a wack of makeup for the price of that one cardigan

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Hey I got that jacket. I found it on the sale rack for 440.00. It's actually allot cuter in person
What sale rack did you find this jacket at? I mean, this jacket is from THIS season right? (I need to shop where you shop)

I would have to see it in motion, because the pictures are not doing it justice AT ALL. I am curious to know if you are getting alot of use out of it?

audball67

Dec 27, 2006
I think some stores carry the limited and/or exclusive pieces or they are a customer return. Pair that with in store-sales and additional price breaks (I think they are offering an additional 40% off in stores on sale items this weekend?), and some of the outrageous items can turn out semi-reasonable.

But it's only a deal if you love it!

Mar 5, 2008
I still say $440 is not worth it. I would rather buy a couple of cashmere sweaters if I had to shop at J. Crew, or a nice dress or shoes somewhere else.

Antonia

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Boston area
WOW, those prices are so ridiculous! If someone bought one and then tried to sell it on ebay, they'd be lucky to get $100 for it. I'd rather spend that same amount of money on a Louis Vuitton Suhali piece.