25cms

i recently compared the two--the birkin is strictly dress and the kelly is actually a tad sportier. i mean with the shoulder strap it would be cute with jeans or a cocktail dress and then without for evening.........the 25 birkin almost looks like a childs bag

25cm kelly not a huge fan of the small birkin myself as for me toteshape=bigger bag. also at my height the birkin looks like i stole my nieces bag while the kelly looks just fine

i recently compared the two--the birkin is strictly dress and the kelly is actually a tad sportier. i mean with the shoulder strap it would be cute with jeans or a cocktail dress and then without for evening.........the 25 birkin almost looks like a childs bag
I think the same as you on this. I saw a small Birkin recently at H and it looked like a miniature. If as they say, the Birkin was designed to be a tote, then I think it is hard to scale it down and it look "right". Conversely, it seems that no matter how large the Birkin gets, (40 cm, 50 cm, etc.) it still looks great. IMHO I don't think just making a bag smaller makes it always "work", especially, as an evening bag.

I would love a 25 cm sellier Kelly for evening some day.....

I think the same as you on this. I saw a small Birkin recently at H and it looked like a miniature. If as they say, the Birkin was designed to be a tote, then I think it is hard to scale it down and it look "right". Conversely, it seems that no matter how large the Birkin gets, (40 cm, 50 cm, etc.) it still looks great. IMHO I don't think just making a bag smaller makes it always "work", especially, as an evening bag.

Thoughts are the same. I cannot pull off a 25cm Birkin but would love a 25cm Kelly in a fun color one day.

I saw a few 25 cm Birkin in lizard and a 25 cm Kelly in ostrich recently. They look very small to me ( I am a 5"4). Both look nice, but I will opt for Kelly. Birkin in 25cm looks smaller and looks very fragile to me (the handles are narrower).

I would love a 25 cm sellier Kelly for evening some day.....

I totally agree. For me the birkin just looks like it is made for a child. I too would like a small kelly sometime.

I have a 25 cm Birkin which I use mostly for evening. I am not a fan of bags that give me that "mini me" feeling, but this was doesn't do that IMO. Personally I think that the 25 Kelly is a much smaller feeling bag and certainly does not have as much room in it. BTW, I have used my 25 for shopping and trips as well. I think it just comes down to what you can feel comfortable wearing.