25cm vs 30 cm Birkin

amorris

O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
I have been eye-ing on a 30cm Gold/Togo Birkin in GH for ages. I thought it was the perfect size as I really am not into big bags, until I saw in the ref library that Birkin comes in 25cm. Without the search bar tool, is really hard to make my decision. Is there anyone that can show me modelling pics (for reference and comparison). I am only 156cm so I really don't want the bag to look oversized but also I am afraid the 25cm will look small and odd.

Thanks so much in advance :smile:

The Birkin is a beautiful tote bag...in a 35cm.
The 30cm size is nice in exotics, bright colors, and for a transitional day to evening bag...
To me, the 25 is skimpy looking....but this is just my opinion.
For a smaller bag, the 28 Kelly is such a beautiful option..especially the Sellier.

It does not look odd on occasion I had one and wore it for cocktails and smart events but it it's a bring the bare essentials bag.30 is fine for smaller framed women and is less of an occasion bag personally I would not go for 25 if you plan to wear the birkin as an every day bag, the only thing I love about 25 s is the fact that they come in lezard.hope it helps darling birkel.

for gold togo i think 30cm is the best because the color gold and togo is a casual look.Where else for 25cm birkin it look best in POP color such as torquise,rouge vif,vert anis or exotic skins but still it's best in POP colors too.

texasgirliegirl - thanks for your opinion.. i feel like the 35 is too big for me, i think 30 is definitely the size.

dreamdoll - thank you so so much for finding this thread for me. i saw a lot of the modellin pics, and oh my, the 25 is soooo mini..

birkel, birkinglover - you guys made a very good point! i chose gold togo because my main purpose was to wear them as an everyday bag, definitely not for the evening, so yes i think 25 is too small for an everyday bag. and 30 is the perfect size for me..

Thank you so much for all your help in helping me make my decision on a 30.

25s are great for weekends, lunches and not too formal dinners.
25 however is perfect in exotic!

in answer to your question 30 can be a bit too workaday kind of bag for me
but if this is your first birkin, i think imho it is better to get a 30cm first.

I'm about your height and I too feel that the 35cm is too big for a workhorse.
Size 30cm is just about perfect. I have a few 25cms and I think they're dandy- handsome and smart, and fits everything I would fit in a 30cm. Perfect for evenings and when I feel like a smaller bag. BUT, and this is my only grouse about the 25cm, the handles are really short. It's reduced to mainly a handheld bag because it takes effort slipping my hand in and out (even though I'm slim). It's not as comfortable to elbow-sling as a 30cm so that drives me nuts if I'm doing shopping and need my hands free.

Hi dear...I am only 155cm and I love 25s more than my 30s. I am very petite and the 30s are a tad heavy for me. Mine are togo. I love them in pop color! Moreover, 25s are more easily to care for on my lap in busy restaurant or crowded shopping trips. :smile:

In the colour and skin that you've chosen, I think 30 is perfect. A 25 to me looks best in a "dressier" skin - exotic, box, chevre - or a really bright colour. Your next birkin, perhaps ;)