25cm Birkin "Issue"

purselover888

Because yay!
Mar 2, 2012
I have a few 25cm birkins, and have a question about them that I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

While the corners on the bags are still pristine as of now, I can see that they are getting a bit more wear than other bags because the sleeper is extra narrow and long for this size, thus making me have to wedge the bag in and out of the dust bags as they are being taken out and put back to sleep in the boxes.

Does anyone here experience and/or have a solution to this problem? I don't have any "extra" 30cm toile bags to put the 25cm's in. I thought about using dusters from other designers, but I'm not sure if it's okay. I mean, I know that the tissue paper from Hermes is acid-free. Is there anything extra special about the Hermes toile cotton canvas, like bleach-free or acid-free? I would hate to store the bags in something that might not be good for the leather long-term?

Thanks for any help!!

prettychic

toute suite
O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
Land of Bubbechic
I have a few 25cm birkins, and have a question about them that I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

While the corners on the bags are still pristine as of now, I can see that they are getting a bit more wear than other bags because the sleeper is extra narrow and long for this size, thus making me have to wedge the bag in and out of the dust bags as they are being taken out and put back to sleep in the boxes.

Does anyone here experience and/or have a solution to this problem? I don't have any "extra" 30cm toile bags to put the 25cm's in. I thought about using dusters from other designers, but I'm not sure if it's okay. I mean, I know that the tissue paper from Hermes is acid-free. Is there anything extra special about the Hermes toile cotton canvas, like bleach-free or acid-free? I would hate to store the bags in something that might not be good for the leather long-term?

Thanks for any help!!
I would use a pillowcase?

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
Canada
I don't see anything special about the H duster. I usually put my bag in H duster and then use another designer's duster to cover the handles (it was a trick Prada SA showed me once) this way everything is covered. Never had any issue with it. You should be safe using another designer's duster or a pretty pillowcase as prettychic suggested.