$2580 for mono bag?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

The LV SC bag...is it worth $2580?

1. No, go for something else

2. Technically no, but I am buying one anyway

3. Yes, save up and hope you can still find one

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I am so disappointed. I would really LOVE to get the Sofia Coppola bag when it comes out in March, but when I contacted LV to get a price they wrote me that the monogram version of the bag is going to be $2580!!! :wtf: I don't think there is any way I can save up that kind of money for a bag in two months, and I am sure it will sell out immediately. I know it's a limited edition and has a famous person's name on it, but this seems like a LOT for a monogram canvas bag. Does anyone else think this is a bit over the top? :crybaby:

2. i really like the design, but i agree that the price is too much to stomach.

3. the etoile shopper is $3500... for canvas! and its limited/seasonal whatever you want to call it...

I guess its the price you pay!

4. Im outta the loop!LOL!PIC?what is this bag??

5. #5 Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    ^^
    She's referring to the Sophia Coppola designed LV Mono bag. It's in the LV reference thread. It basically is the size of a Speedy 35 but sort of looks like a Keepall. It comes with a detachable strap and has a double zipper. The zipper comes down on either side of the bag, so the opening is big. There's a Mono version and a leather version, and a suede version. It's in the LV lookbook now but I think it's suppose to come out in May 2009 not March 2009. I just saw the lookbook over the weekend at LV.

It's a great bag but yes, it seems way overpriced. I would love to have it but I can't justify spending over $2,000 USD for a bag. Oh well!! (I think if it was $1,500 USD then I could handle that price but over $2K is just too much!)

Post 5 and 14 show the suede and Mono bag:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-reference-library/sofia-coppola-bag-design-revealed-394110.html

6. Do you mean the one that looks like the small Keepall? Personally, I don't care for it and I think it's over-priced! Just because she design it doesn't mean it's worth double the price. I would go for something else.

7. I really like the bag, I hated the first picture, but's growing on me, it's like a small keepall/speedy/carryall with a strap and that's the bag I was looking for, but I cant afford it now or in a couple of months...
    If you can afford it, go for it, if not, there are so many LV bags to choose from...
    (At first I thought $2580 was for the calfskin version, but for canvas it's a bit too much)
    I'm confused about this bag... I love it, and hate it...
    lol

8. i love this bag since i first saw it, but i wouldn't pay over 2k for it. i'd rather get the keepall 45 for half the price. bye bye SC bag...

9. I wish that was for the leather version! That one is another $2k!!! I don't think I will be able to afford it. :crybaby:

10. no thanks. you can get a keepall or two for less

11. Don't worry, you'll get over it... eventually! lol
    I felt the same about the Richard Prince Pulp Weekender GM in yellow... I really wanted it, but I got 2 bags and a wallet instead...
    (I still secretly want it hahaha)

12. It's nice, but I feel that it's very feminine.

13. No, go for something else

14. I voted no.

15. It's a lot of money for canvas. I'd personally use the money and get me a Suhali Lockit PM or MM, a Nomade Speedy or Alma, Epi Bowling Montaigne GM or Chanel Jumbo flap in caviar leather.