25% off everything at jcmadison except for RM due to designer request. Yeah right!

i think though too there is going to be a TPF discount on RM retail site, so that might help but I can't imagine that would be over 20%.

I think considering Rm bags are made in the US and not just the US but in NYC where retail rent space is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ it's amazing her bags are not more money. Her new collection is money and I think there wil be a price increase come this fall.

I'm glad Catalina came through with some type of response. My understanding is that retailers place orders for/purchase an amount of product, and then it's up to them to sell it any way they see fit. Of course, they won't sell the product for less than they paid.

I've never understood why people think they 'deserve' a discount of some type. Whatever happened to 'discount' being 'unusual' - it seems that so many of us have come to EXPECT a discount.

I've never had a problem paying full price for anything except a car and a house, which of course is too much $ all at once. One has to borrow. If I can't afford a handbag, I save up or ask the Credit Card Gods to forgive me. But I WON'T NOT buy something 'just because there's no discount code'. How silly, when you think about it.

This same conversation happens among the other 'brands' - may still be a continuing ***** in the HH threads.

If you like something, buy it. If you need to save $ for it, do that. But don't expect anybody to give anything away on a regular basis.

Imagine if Balenciaga had discount codes, and we all started *****ing because they suddenly stopped...

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Well said IndiaInk! :tup:

I took the NM event for 400 off two bags to be the bigest discount on BBags I would ever see!

It's not about "deserving" a code. Not for me anyway. It's more about brand loyalty, and paying a reasonable amount for the product you're getting.

I wouldn't compare it to Balenciaga or even MJ because RM bags are very nice, but they are mid-end bags. I like to have a favorite mid-end, low-end, and high-end designer. I consider RM a great mid-end designer, but I would not pay high-end prices for them. Or even prices on the high end of low-end.

That's all! Reasonable minds can differ on this and I understand why Rebecca may have decided to do this (if she did) and I'm sure we will all still adore and appreciate the bags. But I also think some of us have a right to be bummed about the bags potentially suddenly costing 20 to 30 percent more than they used to.

I've never understood why people think they 'deserve' a discount of some type. Whatever happened to 'discount' being 'unusual' - it seems that so many of us have come to EXPECT a discount.

If you like something, buy it. If you need to save $ for it, do that. But don't expect anybody to give anything away on a regular basis.

Imagine if Balenciaga had discount codes, and we all started *****ing because they suddenly stopped...

Just my 2 cents' worth.

I don't think I 'deserve' a discount, but the codes were offered with so much frequency and regularity that the stores made the discounts go from being unusual to assumed. If the stores only had periodic codes before I think there would be less "*****ing." It is just that when there are standing codes for 20% off, the retailer trains the consumer to expect it.

It just sucks that we are probably going to see a price increase this fall and may not have coupon codes too. Like a double whammy. Also depending on the price increase I don't know if I will see the value in RM bags anymore. As much as I love purses, I also have other things that I like to buy too. At $550 and under I think the MAM is a great buy for the quality. But a lot of the new designs this spring are more expensive.

Well said IndiaInk! :tup:

I took the NM event for 400 off two bags to be the biggest discount on BBags I would ever see!

Lucky you! I'm jealous! I've never been able to 'justify' a BBag - I've only gotten as far as the Money Wallet (2 of them, and 1 on the Bay right now, to help fund RM purchase), and that's good enough for me. I've got a Carla Mancini that looks like a BBag so that's OK - obviously it's the 'look' and ease-of-use I like... and the way-less expensive price. But of course, you get what you pay for -.

I'm glad Catalina came through with some type of response. My understanding is that retailers place orders for/purchase an amount of product, and then it's up to them to sell it any way they see fit. Of course, they won't sell the product for less than they paid.

I've never had a problem paying full price for anything except a car and a house, which of course is too much $ all at once. One has to borrow. If I can't afford a handbag, I save up or ask the Credit Card Gods to forgive me. But I WON'T NOT buy something 'just because there's no discount code'. How silly, when you think about it.

This same conversation happens among the other 'brands' - may still be a continuing ***** in the HH threads.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Holy cow! Did you even read my post? I said that we should ask them to kindly remove the part about where they say it is at the designers request - which is not true. I'm not *****ing about them not giving a discount, but I am mad about them lying about why.

It's not about "deserving" a code...

I wouldn't compare it to Balenciaga or even MJ because RM bags are very nice, but they are mid-end bags...

That's all! Reasonable minds can differ But I also think some of us have a right to be bummed about the bags potentially suddenly costing 20 to 30 percent more than they used to.

Well, sometimes it seems like 'some' do - think they deserve something. Just speaking in generalities, that's all.

Of course, I shouldn't have compared Balenciaga to Rebecca Minkoff - but for me that's my HG bag, won't ever see it, ever, unless I win the lottery, 'cause I can't justify the expense. HH and RM are the designers I like now - HH found my HG spot with their Inka Big-Clip and then quit making it, and I don't find anything that HH does to be any better. Ergo - no more HH shopping for me. RM has touched a nerve with me with her MAM - it's perfect but because I have to order a strap to go with it to make it a usable bag for me, I won't get many of them - in fact, I think the three I have now (well, one's on the way) will do me.

I mean, how many bags can a person carry at a time.:wtf:

Any any rate - I just hate to see all the unhappiness about 'no more discount codes' - . It hurts the designer, and hurts us. We're not that cheap. But we DO like a price break every so often.:sweatdrop:

Holy cow! Did you even read my post? I said that we should ask them to kindly remove the part about where they say it is at the designers request - which is not true. I'm not *****ing about them not giving a discount, but I am mad about them lying about why.

Yes, I agree, the retailer should own up to the reasoning rather than being cowardly about it. Others are being directed to this thread about the 'no more discount' issue, and that's what I was responding to, rather.

Holy cow, indeed. I've got to Google that to find the origin -.

.....It just sucks that we are probably going to see a price increase this fall and may not have coupon codes too. Like a double whammy.

It does indeed. We're going to (and are, actually) see price increases on many many things. Handbag purchases will start to seem like something we shouldn't do if we want to put food on the table, but that's another topic.

But of course the ones who make money hand over fist won't have a problem with anything. Sigh.

Just look at all the mayhem that has been created due to this rumor started by JCMadison and Revolve (who, by the way, will accept coupon codes of 15% on RM - they just stopped matching 30% codes).

I wonder if people are e-mailing RM in a panic and asking about this policy change. I, for one, would be pissed about it if I was Rebecca.

Guys! I don't really think it's mayhem. We like our discounts, that's all. :smile: I know that Rebecca reads here and I know she cares about her customers so I don't see a problem, or think that it hurts her, for us to say that we would like to be able to keep the discount on her bags. In fact, it might be good for her to know that it is important to us and would affect our purchasing power if this is something she IS in fact considering, KWIM?

I think the problem is that we are receiving conflicting info, and we are also noticing that a bunch of the boutiques are stopping the discount codes. I think that we will probably just have to wait a week or two to see what happens at the other boutiques and/or to see if RM says anything officially about it. But I don't see anything wrong with discussing it in the meantime and having differing opinions as long as everybody is respectful! (which I think everyone here usually is, and that's why I like it here so much!) :smile:

I posted this already...but wouldn't hurt...
I called L360 and they said toutie30 is not working because they got in trouble with RM...but can give it to me at 20%off just like the other products....

I am still satisfied with 20% but making up the lie that they got in trouble with RM, it really doesn't make me feel that good. It's going to be the last RM I would buy from Retailers....I will just wait for sample sale.

What I am saying I would be mad about if I was Rebecca, is, if indeed this no discount policy is not being enforced by RM, but RM is being inundated with e-mails asking about it or expressing concern because JCmadison stated it as such.

Maybe I wouldn't be pissed, but I would be annoyed - especially if I was the one that would have to answer all these e-mails.