24 change purse vs Bastia

I have loads of Bastias and 3 of the 24 coin purse. As much as I clearly like the Bastia, I LOVE the 24!! The main reason is the coins are confined to one space in the 24. You open it and there they are. In the Bastia, they float around b/w the top and bottom which requires a quick jingle to get all the coins to the larger/bottom side before I open it. And if nothing else, the 24 coin purse has a great, easily-identifiable shape for someone like me who has a penchant for digging-through-my purse-with-one-hand-while-driving-with-the-other-and-keeping-my-eyes-on-the-road. LOL, high class problem, isn't it?

This is interesting in how we see thing differently.
I find the way that you can open a bastia and slide the coins forward and back between the pockets useful.

p.s. Zoulous are hard to come by

I know this is a year old, but I’m interested in the 24 coin purse. I just bought the Bostia this week so I want to know if I can use this for earbuds or other small trinkets (I know the bostia is versatile but I find the way the coins come out to to play to be very clever.

Oddly, I can’t find one video showing me what the 24 looks like. If I’m spending $400, I’d rather buy a twilly or scarf then this - unless it’s something I cann really use. Can anybody point me to a video? Thanks!!!

I know this is a year old, but I’m interested in the 24 coin purse. I just bought the Bostia this week so I want to know if I can use this for earbuds or other small trinkets (I know the bostia is versatile but I find the way the coins come out to to play to be very clever.

Oddly, I can’t find one video showing me what the 24 looks like. If I’m spending $400, I’d rather buy a twilly or scarf then this - unless it’s something I cann really use. Can anybody point me to a video? Thanks!!!
I have the 24 and in my opinion it is bulky and cumbersome. Due to the folds and the triangular shape, it is difficult to put anything other than coins in it. I tried to use it for hair ties and a small tube of blistex or even bandaids, to no avail. I believe it is meant to be used to retrieve coins by placing it on a surface (or in your palm) and then opening it flat into a single piece of leather. It’s super cool to look at in a craftsmanship origami kind of way but in my experience, not easy to use in practicality. JMHO.

Reactions: sylvivia
I have both bastia and the 24. I got the Bastia on eBay. It is pink on the outside and a soft gold inside. I LOVE it! I got a Calvi mysore leather sakura pink so they go so well together! (photos don't show colors well.) The 24 is much easier to get coins out of. I put cash on one side of Calvi and cards on the other. Fits easily. I have Bastia in the aqua color. I don't like it as much. I find the size bigger so it is not as compact for my small bags. I tried cash with the coins in it. The coins get stuck in the cash and also it is much more bulky with both cash/coins. BTW I bought the Bastia on eBay as an experiment. It was SUPER dirty. I did a deep clean/condition and it looks good. I wanted to see if I would like it enough to buy retail and also to learn about cleaning/conditioning process. This lighting in the photo makes it look worse than it does in person. HERMES 24 coin bag pink.jpgHERMES 24 coing bag inside.jpgHERMES 24 coin next to Calvi open.jpgHERMES 24 with Calvi closed.jpgHERMES 24 pink next to Bastia.jpg

I wish the color in the photos are much better than are showing. They are off. This looks much nicer in person. The 2 pinks look quite nice together and the bastia doesn't look so bright in person. LOVE them!