22k gold jewelry pic's

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I just thought I would share my pic's these are necklaces that were given to me years ago they were bought in the 50's. one was left to me when my neighbor passed and the other she gave to me when we stopped some robbers from getting into her home. At the time I got the first one I didn't realize it was real I saw the Price on the receipt she gave me saying $195. after I got the second one I went to my jeweler and he said Oh my yes they are real they weigh 14 grams on the smaller one and 41 grams on the larger one. and this was about 8 years ago he gave me a gold weight price he said that means if I had them melted down for scrap it would be $1100 and $2900.. these are pieces I will always treasure they will be left to my daughters when I'm gone. She was really the sweetest lady. and we didn't mind at all helping her out.

Attachments

• 22a.jpg
    22a.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 22b.jpg
    22b.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 22c.jpg
    22c.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 22d.jpg
    22d.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 196
thanks guys she was such a sweetie we didn't mind her at all. I usually sat her with her a few times a week I loved the stories of how her hubby while in the service got all this jewelry for her. when I realized the first one was real I tried to make her take it back but she was so stubborn she said no. I will always treasure them and their stories. she also left me this large capodimonte mirror very cool. I have worn them and they seem very sturdy maybe because they are pretty heavy.

I just thought I would share my pic's these are necklaces that were given to me years ago they were bought in the 50's. one was left to me when my neighbor passed and the other she gave to me when we stopped some robbers from getting into her home. At the time I got the first one I didn't realize it was real I saw the Price on the receipt she gave me saying $195. after I got the second one I went to my jeweler and he said Oh my yes they are real they weigh 14 grams on the smaller one and 41 grams on the larger one. and this was about 8 years ago he gave me a gold weight price he said that means if I had them melted down for scrap it would be $1100 and $2900.. these are pieces I will always treasure they will be left to my daughters when I'm gone. She was really the sweetest lady. and we didn't mind at all helping her out.
lovely!!!!!

wow, inch37, you were quoted much better prices by your jeweler than mine...they are very beautiful and elegant pieces.

I wonder if I was ripped off -- sold my solid 22K bracelet (22g) for $425 last month to my jeweler as scrap gold. Significantly less!

I would say wow yes at 22 grams of almost solid gold.. When I went into the jeweler 8 years ago he said I will only write down a scrap price I said whats that he said my melt down price. but I would sell them for quite abit more. I said Oh no no not selling them I had just never seen 22k before and though it was some kind of costume jewelry. at 22 grams you got like $19 a gram. what made you decide to scrap it

Beautifull necklaces! I love YG. What a nice neighbor and I am sure the peices are of great value to you. I scrapped an 18 k 20 gr bracelet last year. I got majorly ripped off. I wont even say what I got cause it makes me sick. accually he paid nothing to me because he dipped some peices for me in exchange for the bracelet and I never wore the dipped peices. dont scrap gold ppl, if you dont like it have it made into something you will wear.