Chanel 19- lambskin or goatskin

traumamama

May 19, 2016
Hi! I just received my small 19 that was shipped to me today from the boutique, and was wanting a goatskin from 20A... however, I just looked at the tag and it says it’s from 20B. Are the 19 bags from 20B lambskin or goatskin? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:FB6574A7-5EE9-40AC-B4FD-F4202F5F6DF4.jpeg6A0C7CAD-E091-4762-A694-B4F055D7ECEB.jpeg

Reactions: Namwan-
Hi! I just received my small 19 that was shipped to me today from the boutique, and was wanting a goatskin from 20A... however, I just looked at the tag and it says it’s from 20B. Are the 19 bags from 20B lambskin or goatskin? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:View attachment 4810024View attachment 4810025
Since they seem to alternate, I would assume it is lamb for 20B.

Reactions: traumamama
That looks like goatskin to me, but definitely would ask for another opinion or two.

thanks! How can you tell the difference between goatskin and lambskin? I have other goatskin items from Chanel and Hermes and there’s a grain to them that I haven’t even seen on the goatskin 19’s....

thanks so much!

thanks! How can you tell the difference between goatskin and lambskin? I have other goatskin items from Chanel and Hermes and there’s a grain to them that I haven’t even seen on the goatskin 19’s....

thanks so much!
The way the quilting folds with the light reflection made me think goatskin. Here are two examples from fashionphile:
Screenshot_2020-08-05-15-29-17.pngScreenshot_2020-08-05-15-29-41.png
From your picture, the puffs look a little tighter, like in the goatskin one. But if it's puffier in real life, I'd say lambskin, especially since the double cc goes "in" more.

I asked my SA - she was told goatskin, but is double checking with her manager. Problem is, boutique closed today because multiple people were shot yesterday right in front of the store :wtf:

Another one of my friends asked her SA today and they were told 20b was going to be “shiny goatskin” ‍:confused1:
Look into your receipt, next to the code. Does it says flapbag AGNEAU?

Reactions: Bagventures
If you like the look of the bag, I wouldn’t worry about whether it’s lamb or goat. I have the lamb from 20C and I’ve “scratched” it a few times (nails while trying to grab the top handle) and there are 0 scratch marks, it looks brand new still. Not sure if that was your concern about lamb but if it is I wouldn’t worry about it!

I think yours is lambskin. Here’s I got a pic from another thread in forum. Left is lambskin vs. Goatskin on right. Lambskin is shinier while goatskin is more matte and plastiky and sturdy
5BE9BA0C-B0F0-4EF8-A8F2-EAAA43949C98.jpeg

Sooooo- the confusion continues. My bag definitely looks like lamb. The 1-800 number looked up my tag and says it’s lamb. But. My receipt says “chevre brilliant” ie shiny goat. My SA is double checking with her manager ...

Reactions: Stratford