2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

I'm totally out of step with the thread and feel quite selfish posting without even reading the last pages, but I've had a lot of movement in my collection and will post my stats now because I'm so forgetful.

5 bags out- auctioned off to raise money for the current Middle East conflict. The money was used to purchase and provide medication for people who have chronic diseases and cannot get their monthly meds due to the situation there right now. I don't think we raised as much this time as we did for the Turkey-Syria earthquakes (because I had fewer items to auction) but, something's better than nothing, I hope.

2 bags in- 1 carryall for my mum's medical supplies (thank you all for helping with that) and 1 fixer-upper to keep me occupied during my next round of treatment. I'll post the fixer-upper once I've received and rehabbed it.

My new bag total is 21 bags, plus the ones that don't really count (sports backpack, nylon travel bag, 2 of my old artisan bags that are too beat up to use but I hold on to for memories). So, 25 bags if you include those in the count.

I'm finally at a reasonable sized collection and feel so relieved. I still plan to edit further to get down to 15 or so, but that'll just be me releasing bags as they get worn out. I can honestly say that I love each bag I have right now and I'm excited to just use them.
Looking at the collection now is surreal. Most of my original collection of artisan bags have worn out along the way and I only have 2 usable ones now, and the other 2 mentioned above that can't be used but I still cling to as mementos of places I've lived and the locals there who made them for me. I guess it reflects where I am in my life now, since I'm no longer moving every couple of years, whereas my original collection was a snapshot of my nomadic existence.
Maybe I'll be able to circle back to that sometime in the future but, for now, I'm grateful to be standing still and focusing my attention exclusively on more important things, such as...

My mum's making great strides in her recovery. We've had some rough patches but, I can see that she's much better than she was a couple of months ago. It feels like an absolute miracle and I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have her with me. I won't lie, some days are incredibly difficult as her condition is complicated and my own health often fails me. However, those hard days are reminders that she's alive and I get the privilege of caring for her, which is a greater blessing than I deserve. There is also respite to be found in the fact that she's never lost her sense of humour and has managed to accept and adapt to her new circumstances without fuss, which I realise not many patients are able to do. It makes being her carer that much easier and, again, reminds me that I'm the luckiest person alive.

Thank you to every person who took the time to read my posts when she was in the hospital and offered support. I'll always be indebted to you all. :heart:

I'm totally out of step with the thread and feel quite selfish posting without even reading the last pages, but I've had a lot of movement in my collection and will post my stats now because I'm so forgetful.

5 bags out- auctioned off to raise money for the current Middle East conflict. The money was used to purchase and provide medication for people who have chronic diseases and cannot get their monthly meds due to the situation there right now. I don't think we raised as much this time as we did for the Turkey-Syria earthquakes (because I had fewer items to auction) but, something's better than nothing, I hope.

2 bags in- 1 carryall for my mum's medical supplies (thank you all for helping with that) and 1 fixer-upper to keep me occupied during my next round of treatment. I'll post the fixer-upper once I've received and rehabbed it.

My new bag total is 21 bags, plus the ones that don't really count (sports backpack, nylon travel bag, 2 of my old artisan bags that are too beat up to use but I hold on to for memories). So, 25 bags if you include those in the count.

I'm finally at a reasonable sized collection and feel so relieved. I still plan to edit further to get down to 15 or so, but that'll just be me releasing bags as they get worn out. I can honestly say that I love each bag I have right now and I'm excited to just use them.
Looking at the collection now is surreal. Most of my original collection of artisan bags have worn out along the way and I only have 2 usable ones now, and the other 2 mentioned above that can't be used but I still cling to as mementos of places I've lived and the locals there who made them for me. I guess it reflects where I am in my life now, since I'm no longer moving every couple of years, whereas my original collection was a snapshot of my nomadic existence.
Maybe I'll be able to circle back to that sometime in the future but, for now, I'm grateful to be standing still and focusing my attention exclusively on more important things, such as...

My mum's making great strides in her recovery. We've had some rough patches but, I can see that she's much better than she was a couple of months ago. It feels like an absolute miracle and I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have her with me. I won't lie, some days are incredibly difficult as her condition is complicated and my own health often fails me. However, those hard days are reminders that she's alive and I get the privilege of caring for her, which is a greater blessing than I deserve. There is also respite to be found in the fact that she's never lost her sense of humour and has managed to accept and adapt to her new circumstances without fuss, which I realise not many patients are able to do. It makes being her carer that much easier and, again, reminds me that I'm the luckiest person alive.

Thank you to every person who took the time to read my posts when she was in the hospital and offered support. I'll always be indebted to you all. :heart:
So happy to hear your mom is doing better.

We all pop in and out of this thread as our lives get busy/crazy. Happy to hear from you as always.

@Sibelle @dcooney4 and @baghabitz34 - thank you all for the Red Ferragamo love! ❤️

I’m so glad your mother is improving, and what a kind and compassionate donation you’ve made with selling your bags - you know it will be appreciated.
We love hearing from you (your posts are always so interesting and inspiring), and I hope you are taking care of yourself as well.
Sending you hugs. :hugs:

So glad things are improving. Well done on the donation. Enjoy your new bags.

So happy to hear your mom is doing better.

We all pop in and out of this thread as our lives get busy/crazy. Happy to hear from you as always.
Thank you so much! :hugs::love:
I’m so glad your mother is improving, and what a kind and compassionate donation you’ve made with selling your bags - you know it will be appreciated.
Thank you! :hugs:And an extra one for Coco!:hugs:
Just saw your Ferragamo and MZ wallace bags. Both gorgeous, but the leather on the former is especially drool-worthy!

I put the bag info under a spoiler because I'm not sure if mentioning this is breaking TPF rules. The Ukraine war had a lot of chatter here, but this one isn't mentioned anywhere, as far as I can tell. I'm glad I was able to do something small, especially since chronic meds are so important and it's devastating to think how many are going without.

So glad things are improving. Well done on the donation. Enjoy your new bags.
Thank you so much! I hope you're keeping well. :heart:

This mini backpack was perfect for taking the car for an oil change and getting some breakfast.
Love anything blue, but am especially fond of mini backpacks. They're so handy and this one is great!

Congratulations and hugs to you and your mom. :hugs: