2023 Resolution: Shopping my Own Bags and SLG Collection

A long standing tradition in this thread is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

• New theme weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show old pictures from previous years to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

So what are the showcases? In the Fall, we group our bags by makers! Feel free to show bags, small leather goods, or however it is easiest to organize!

August 13 - Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta

August 20 - Burberry, Celine

August 27 - Coach, Chanel

September 3 - Chloe, Dior

September 10 - Dooney & Bourke, Fendi

September 17 - Ferragamo, Givenchy

September 24 - Goyard, Gucci

October 1 - Hermes, Kate Spade

October 8 - Loewe, Longchamp

October 15 - Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs

October 22 - Michael Kors, Miu Miu

October 29 - Mulberry, Prada

November 5 - Proenza Schouler, Rebecca Minkoff

November 12 - Saint Laurent, Tods

November 19 - Tory Burch, Valentino

November 26 - Bags by Jewelers: Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany Co, Van Cleef & Arpels. Alternatively, the pillboxes, compacts and other lovelies made by jewelers that fit in your bag.

December 3 - independent artisans and custom bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next challenge is going to be ridiculously hard. Least favourite? :wondering: :search:
This one is easy for me. I have a least favorite, a second least favorite, and a third least favorite. First one is Brahmin Small Nadine (too small for a daily bag, but I don't like it for a date night bag either). 2nd least favorite is Brahmin Fiora. It's too big. 3rd least favorite is the Coach Willis. Too small for every day, not cute enough for me for date night, so it was really only perfect for a conference.

I'm still early in this process, so still learning what works for me.

I don’t have a least favourite really, I love them all, but there are bags I carry less and they’re the 2 larger ones I own. My shopping habits have changed. I’m a target shopper not a browser these days and I carry less stuff as a consequence. For the days when I do need something roomier, they’re indispensable and I remember how much I love them.

Good news & good news

I am not a bargain hunter. I am not someone that can compromise on colour, size, variation or condition. So when price-rises happen

As you may know I was considering a new Cartier piece. Usually, I buy something every 6 months - a year. Then the dreaded twice-yearly price hike happened in April when usually it's in May, so I wasn't quite prepared (lots of dentist and vet bills - priorities). It thought I'd have add approx another 10-12% to my Cartier x Sacai ring.

I went (third time) to try on and put it against other pieces on my list. I'd even shopped around at other possibilities, other jewellers. I was blessedly relieved that price-hike didn't affect this particular line (or at least I didn't get charged it). After trying on so many nice things (some way out my comfort zone) this was actually the piece I liked best, it felt right. I have lots of Trinity now and can play with mixing them up in different combos. When my SA told me the price, I wasn't going to say another word, I just went :yes: .

I din't post much fine jewellery on tPF, but I took a pic: #27 Also more info on the French x Japanese collab on that thread

One bag out
I'm going to work extra hard to find things to donate charity in June.
What an awesome piece!

I don't really have a least favorite either.

Kind of teetering between 2 most least used:
- Chanel CF small black caviar gold-plated hdw 2003
- YSL cassandra mini, black patent, mock-croc

I don't bring my Chanel out mostly for safety reasons but it's funny because for the longest time it was a "holy grail" bag for me, and (as I mentioned somewhere on TPF), I wanted it for years but when I finally got it, it wasn't as exciting as I imagined lol.
I also got it pre-loved at (what would be considered today) an amazing deal. $3400 USD including tax and shipping. I definitely wanted pre-2007 for the gold-plated hdw.
Now I just don't want to attract too much attention and get robbed or something so for now she stays on the shelf. I think she needs a bit of a refresh though, she looks a bit dehydrated lol. I bring the bag out about once every other month or so.

The YSL cassandra was an impulse buy to match with a dress. I remember this because I bought it for a special dinner date for my birthday. It was also bought right before the pandemic shutdown. So I didn't get to use it for basically 2 years.
My aesthetic has changed over time and I do prefer the currently popularized term "quiet luxury". But I'm just a little tired of logos in general. However, sometimes there is a time and place for it. It's a sort of "cool and chic" bag and it works with outfits that are a little more modern and edgy. I also like how much it can hold despite it's small size and enjoy that it has feet on the bottom. I did think about selling it at one point, but decided against it. I have altered the bag and cut off the straps (this was the original version that came out when the straps were not detachable) so it would not re-sell well anyway. I also, still bring it out maybe once every other month, perhaps I just need to find more occasions or outfits to wear it with. (I did bring it out this month!)

Good news & good news

I am not a bargain hunter. I am not someone that can compromise on colour, size, variation or condition. So when price-rises happen

As you may know I was considering a new Cartier piece. Usually, I buy something every 6 months - a year. Then the dreaded twice-yearly price hike happened in April when usually it's in May, so I wasn't quite prepared (lots of dentist and vet bills - priorities). It thought I'd have add approx another 10-12% to my Cartier x Sacai ring.

I went (third time) to try on and put it against other pieces on my list. I'd even shopped around at other possibilities, other jewellers. I was blessedly relieved that price-hike didn't affect this particular line (or at least I didn't get charged it). After trying on so many nice things (some way out my comfort zone) this was actually the piece I liked best, it felt right. I have lots of Trinity now and can play with mixing them up in different combos. When my SA told me the price, I wasn't going to say another word, I just went :yes: .

I din't post much fine jewellery on tPF, but I took a pic: #27 Also more info on the French x Japanese collab on that thread

One bag out
I'm going to work extra hard to find things to donate charity in June.
Congratulations on such an interesting piece. I admire how you select items for your collection and your sense of style. I read that it fits 2 or 3 fingers comfortably, but admit that I don’t understand how that works. When you put it on just 2 fingers, where does the rest of the metal go?

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I’d complained about my least favorite bag enough, I thought. I gave it to my coworker friend. She and I have a light hearted debate about mini bags, as she likes them and I don’t. But I did tell her that if in a few years she tires of it, to give me first dibs on getting it back. Maybe by then my life will have changed enough that smaller bags will work for me.

This gets rid of the only green - blue range bag I have, unless you count my Brahmin Regal, but it has so much gray in it one almost doesn’t recognize it as blue right away. This lack of blue is being resolved, though, post-haste :coolio:

Congratulations on such an interesting piece. I admire how you select items for your collection and your sense of style. I read that it fits 2 or 3 fingers comfortably, but admit that I don’t understand how that works. When you put it on just 2 fingers, where does the rest of the metal go?

Thank you.

I just happen to be wearing it 2 finger style today (but with another Trinity LM on my pointer finger).

All three parts (rings) in the single piece are like other Trinity but because 2 are twice as long (same size) they can either be used either side of the yg(3 fingers ) or together as though together (2 fingers) I hope my mental - metal-origami makes sense. So far, I found 4 different ways I can wear the hand piece comfortably.

Today it's 2 fingers only.
IMG_20230526_125234.jpg

It’s a pretty color. Why are you undecided?
It is more of a long shoulder bag, I am tall so crossbody it goes higher up than I like to wear them. The price was right so I grabbed it. I also feel a bit guilty because I bought a lot of bags this month. I also let go of a lot. I am going to an art and craft fair this weekend so if I see anything else something will have to go.

Thank you.

I just happen to be wearing it 2 finger style today (but with another Trinity LM on my pointer finger).

All three parts (rings) in the single piece are like other Trinity but because 2 are twice as long (same size) they can either be used either side of the yg(3 fingers ) or together as though together (2 fingers) I hope my mental - metal-origami makes sense. So far, I found 4 different ways I can wear the hand piece comfortably.

Today it's 2 fingers only.
View attachment 5790236
I got to try those rings on today!
Very unique and clean look!

IMG_0440.jpegIMG_0441.jpegIMG_0442.jpeg