2023 Resolution: Shopping my Own Bags and SLG Collection

A long standing tradition in this thread is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

• New theme weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show old pictures from previous years to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

So what are the showcases? In the Fall, we group our bags by makers! Feel free to show bags, small leather goods, or however it is easiest to organize!

August 13 - Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta

August 20 - Burberry, Celine

August 27 - Coach, Chanel

September 3 - Chloe, Dior

September 10 - Dooney & Bourke, Fendi

September 17 - Ferragamo, Givenchy

September 24 - Goyard, Gucci

October 1 - Hermes, Kate Spade

October 8 - Loewe, Longchamp

October 15 - Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs

October 22 - Michael Kors, Miu Miu

October 29 - Mulberry, Prada

November 5 - Proenza Schouler, Rebecca Minkoff

November 12 - Saint Laurent, Tods

November 19 - Tory Burch, Valentino

November 26 - Bags by Jewelers: Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany Co, Van Cleef & Arpels. Alternatively, the pillboxes, compacts and other lovelies made by jewelers that fit in your bag.

December 3 - independent artisans and custom bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I love everything about this backpack, including the color. Do you buy Mz Wallace directly from their website?

@Sunshine mama, thanks for the pretty pictures! The spring season begins officially in a couple days I believe, and your flower pics and pink bag, and @nyeredzi's Brahmin bag with its happy, spring colors is really putting me in the mood for spring (my favorite season).

Although it's still cold outside here, I am already starting to assemble my spring capsule wardrobe together. Is anyone else looking at their spring wardrobes, and maybe coming up with a shopping list? I realized that for starters, I need new white sneakers, and maybe even new white trousers or jeans.
Sometimes and sometimes from other stores. I like to shop from Larrimors in Pa too. I can get a discount for first order and it is free shipping with wonderful service. Also Nordstrom has Mz Wallace. My particular backpack is no longer made, So poshmark or somewhere else .

Mar. 19: Black

Well, I could flood the thread with black bags, but I guess you´ve seen almost all of my black beauties before...
But I impulse bought a cheap vintage black bag on ebay yesterday:

View attachment 5743693

Now I´m waiting for it to be shipped and arrive and hopefully be as nice as I expect it to be. The listing said it´s 38cm wide, so should be quite big.
I love it! It's such a cute shape and I'm a sucker for kisslocks.

• Love
Reactions: cowgirlsboots

Well, I could flood the thread with black bags, but I guess you´ve seen almost all of my black beauties before...

View attachment 5743693

Now I´m waiting for it to be shipped and arrive and hopefully be as nice as I expect it to be. The listing said it´s 38cm wide, so should be quite big.
Oh I really like this!

View attachment 5743693

This is just my kind of black bag!. Sophisticated and a little dramatic (which I'm working on being myself ;) )

I am one of those who believes that one can't have too many black bags. I love a colour-pop with outfits, but very often I just want my bag to be the least noticeable thing about my outfit - any occasion. A belief that bears out that my best black bags will span 2 posts

Parking my black bag before I don't get a chance with what will be a busy weeks (probably my go-to colour).

Delvaux Hanalore clutch
delvaux.jpeg

Sonia Rykiel Lips clutch (with matching brooch)
srbagbroach.jpeg

Gucci vintage early-90s Horseshoe shoulder bag

8a519019-8d94-4ea9-8934-de234973c834_zpswzadsbui.jpg

H BBK

BBKGcap_zpsvjcwdr2p.jpg

Vintage black baby croc handbag (made in the FDR) and M&W convertible 1970s Turtle clutch (apologies turtles) (just seen) Bellstone lizard handbag

blkexotic_zpsmosbkkcj.jpg

Gucci Mirage patent clutch (looks good with a full-length minimalist or LBD)

blkpatentshoesbtr_zpsb0ddlr2t (1).jpg

Vintage BV Knot bag (now called a Jodie)
Great for Summer - including light packing for travel

BVetFaM_zpsaec9aca6.jpg

Large Chanel backpack

chanelbackpack copy.jpg

Maybe this should be multicolour but I wear this exotic as black B&E large clutch

DSC_0424_zpsczz1bwmy.jpg

Gucci patent and suede N-S BTH
Bag_Scarf_zps62809926.jpg