2023 Resolution: Shopping my Own Bags and SLG Collection

A long standing tradition in this thread is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

• New theme weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show old pictures from previous years to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

So what are the showcases? In the Fall, we group our bags by makers! Feel free to show bags, small leather goods, or however it is easiest to organize!

August 13 - Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta

August 20 - Burberry, Celine

August 27 - Coach, Chanel

September 3 - Chloe, Dior

September 10 - Dooney & Bourke, Fendi

September 17 - Ferragamo, Givenchy

September 24 - Goyard, Gucci

October 1 - Hermes, Kate Spade

October 8 - Loewe, Longchamp

October 15 - Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs

October 22 - Michael Kors, Miu Miu

October 29 - Mulberry, Prada

November 5 - Proenza Schouler, Rebecca Minkoff

November 12 - Saint Laurent, Tods

November 19 - Tory Burch, Valentino

November 26 - Bags by Jewelers: Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany Co, Van Cleef & Arpels. Alternatively, the pillboxes, compacts and other lovelies made by jewelers that fit in your bag.

December 3 - independent artisans and custom bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help if you can:

I have a cocktail party (launch of a skincare product) to go to next week, but I'm out all day (art installation thing, in morning then the dentist afternoon - then cocktails evening).

I took the day off from work, so I have to make the most of it but the order is plying in my mind.

I can't go home in-between

Art gallery is in a hip but not-so-safe part of town. Dentist is a long walk from any station - mixed area - and I'll be there hours. Cocktails at a swanky members only club :girlsigh:

Weirdest day itinerary. What kind of bag would you take, what would you wear? I don't normally wear make-up to the dentist - but I do for art galleries and cocktails.
Will the member’s only have a bag check?

Because I’m thinking a Le Smoking style suit with either a vibrant blouse or crisp white blouse - add visual interest with a comfortable loafer or driving shoe in metallic leather or a vibrant color. (Unless you do own a pair of 12 hr heels) If you decide to do jewelry for the evening, I’d add oversized or surrealist or otherwise spectacular earrings.
Alternatively, do a Tom Ford ‘96 and skip the earrings, wear the blouse mostly open and have a really vibrant scarf.

If there’s a bag check, I’d grab a plain tote that you can fit a garment sleeve into, and then start my day at the art instillation wearing the shoes, pants and blouse. Substitute a teeshirt or inexpensive blouse at the dentist (fluids!). At tea, duck away to the necessary and change back to your blouse, do makeup and add the jacket. When you get to the party, check your big bag and withdraw your tiny extravagant clutch that compliments the shoes.

Last edited:

Because I’m thinking a Le Smoking style suit with either a vibrant blouse or crisp white blouse - add visual interest with a comfortable loafer or driving shoe in metallic leather or a vibrant color. (Unless you do own a pair of 12 hr heels) If you decide to do jewelry for the evening, I’d add oversized or surrealist or otherwise spectacular earrings.
Alternatively, do a Tom Ford ‘96 and skip the earrings, wear the blouse mostly open and have a really vibrant scarf.

If there’s a bag check, I’d grab a plain tote that you can fit a garment sleeve into, and then start my day at the art instillation wearing the shoes, pants and blouse. Substitute a teeshirt or inexpensive blouse at the dentist (fluids!). At tea, duck away to the necessary and change back to your blouse, do makeup and add the jacket. When you get to the party, check your big bag and withdraw your tiny extravagant clutch that compliments the shoes.
Brilliant plan.

Spectacular plan!

I have a coat-habit too (I hope I spelled that correctly LOL)

The only type I hate (ducking from rotten eggs and tomatoes) are cheap padded ones. Everyone wears nylon/manmade-filler coats even with really expensive shoes and bags and driving posh cars. I would rather wear my duvet. In fact the only padded ones I like are the asymmetrical originals by Norma Kamali that are called duvet coats.

I am hella guilty on the padded coats thing. I have gotten so laaaaazy. Also partly bc my husband loves them. I truly would prefer to have nothing but fabulous cashmere trenches and (faux) fur-trimmed statement pieces.

This year I lucked out at Loft and got this faux fur vest at half off, right at the beginning of the season. It is like the greatest outerwear I own right now haha.

1FB0D338-4C43-4278-B0B3-9C3EC6DB9036.jpeg

Genius plan!

I picked up this cutie this weekend. Just could NOT resist. I loved this clutch when they first came out but I’ve never been a huge fan of Celine’s canvas prints (or anybody’s canvas prints, usually).

When I saw they did an all leather version, it was kind of all over.

View attachment 5700197
This is beautiful. I adore the color.

I picked up this cutie this weekend. Just could NOT resist. I loved this clutch when they first came out but I’ve never been a huge fan of Celine’s canvas prints (or anybody’s canvas prints, usually).

View attachment 5700197

I don't blame you, it's gorgeous and so cool :loveeyes:

Can you give us multiple choice? What bags are you considering? Safe, convenient, and glamorous is a tough combination.

I don't even know where to start

I will probably take something like a plastic carrier to put my bag in at some points, because I'll most likely have to put it on the floor at the art gallery and at the dentist (there's no room for an extra chair).

Shoes/boots have to be totally walkable as my dentist has her practice in the middle on the longest road and the stations are at either end (there is a park car park behind but I'm going by rail).

I can only think I need to take a weekender bag (clutch? inside) with me and take extras including make-up bag.

I'm exhausted already :biggrin:

I should be able to check a bag in but not sure. I'll ask ahead, if not, I'm doomed, I'll look like a bag lady that gatecrashed the party.

I like the Tux idea, on those lines I may take a tailored but warm Lacroix (muted blues) striped jacket and wear my new Balmain leather dress under (maybe too much? - I'll try on). I may have to wear higher lace-ups (Hermes?) or ankle boots (suede Saint Laurent?) the only flat shoes I have are Gucci loafers, only the eel are party-worthy.

I like your idea on costume jewellery. I could either wear my vintage Saint Laurent clips (but not if I wear the Lacroix or I'll look too vintage/throw-back - I think they're both early-90s). Or mismatching small studs and BIG in-yer-face necklace (Westwood?).

Once I know the outfit, I can choose a bag for the evening that'll have to go inside my bigger bag.

One of these or Titi del' Aqua (#5grey croc flap bag) - it's got to be light to carry around inside the other (X) bag all day so Chanel Tassel because of the chain, no heavy Gucci hardware either.

#1.Delvaux would go with anything but maybe too formal
#2 Sonia Rykiel would be great - brooch too. But I'd have to find it :rolleyes:
#3 G purple Hysteria would be great but nt sure of colours I'm wearing
# 4 Hermes 1938 - again maybe to formal
#5 Titti del Aqua (as above) light and proper mini bag. I need to see if my phone and keys fit. I'm not leaving my keys anywhere.

delvaux.jpegsrbagbroach.jpeguser222564_pic70066_1293982567_zpspgan2rl3.jpgDSC_0725_zpsb51pz7ug.jpggreycroc_zpsczkypn7h.jpg

Thank you so much, you've given me a place to start! I had a complete block.

Help if you can:

I have a cocktail party (launch of a skincare product) to go to next week, but I'm out all day (art installation thing, in morning then the dentist afternoon - then cocktails evening).

I took the day off from work, so I have to make the most of it but the order is plying in my mind.

I can't go home in-between

Art gallery is in a hip but not-so-safe part of town. Dentist is a long walk from any station - mixed area - and I'll be there hours. Cocktails at a swanky members only club :girlsigh:

Weirdest day itinerary. What kind of bag would you take, what would you wear? I don't normally wear make-up to the dentist - but I do for art galleries and cocktails.
Monochrome neutral flowy/wide leg pants and fitted top or shell, or sleek midi dress, sleek ankle or knee high boots, light foldable jacket/cardi in a fun color or funky print, scarf in a sophisticated print. Midsize top handle in a sleek style. Stow the scarf and wear jacket during the day, swap and stow jacket/cardi and wear scarf at night. Simple no makeup makeup with a dramatic lip or liner for evening.

But that’s me…

Last edited:

View attachment 5700197
Love this! The color, the sleek style, tonal logo but only if you know. Celine does it again!