2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is everybody?
I have been on holiday mode, traveling (travelling, so ordinary before and such a huge deal now!), hosting family and friends, going to the beach and restlessly doing nothing.
I´m fine, thanks! Holiday mode and travelling sounds bliss to me! I was lucky to get the chance to go "home" and see my older children for 10 days. Not much of travelling, only an endless car ride, certainly no beach, but a lot of doing not much and spending time together.

I´m fine, thanks! Holiday mode and travelling sounds bliss to me! I was lucky to get the chance to go "home" and see my older children for 10 days. Not much of travelling, only an endless car ride, certainly no beach, but a lot of doing not much and spending time together.
Sometimes that’s all you need.:smile:

Tried on my new burgundy bag in the house and test packed. It really surprised me by being comfortable and easy to access. I can’t tell if the color is supposed to be a soft burgundy or if it needs a bit of moisture but other than that I really like it. I want a bag in this exact shape and size but a bit more refined in black for the holidays.
I have also found I am not a fan of wearing bags with chain straps. I love the way they look but then rarely wear them.
That's great! I agree about chain straps. They aren't comfortable. They only work on small, lightweight bags for me.

Thanks! I love them so much. Wish you could smell them too! :love::nuts:View attachment 5142734View attachment 5142735View attachment 5142736
Wow! I am astonished! They’re so cute, and I love the top handle!
Tried on my new burgundy bag in the house and test packed. It really surprised me by being comfortable and easy to access. I can’t tell if the color is supposed to be a soft burgundy or if it needs a bit of moisture but other than that I really like it. I want a bag in this exact shape and size but a bit more refined in black for the holidays.
I have also found I am not a fan of wearing bags with chain straps. I love the way they look but then rarely wear them.
It looks really nice, I think the back pocket you added is a great idea.
I also don’t care for chain straps. I think they’re ‘better’ Whalen there’s a bit of leather at the top of the strap, but still not a fave. I have one purse with a chain strap, and it’s the one thing I don’t love about it.

Thanks! I love them so much. Wish you could smell them too! :love::nuts:View attachment 5142734View attachment 5142735View attachment 5142736
What a collection!!!
Personal letters or files or photos being seen by total strangers is always a breech of privacy and it can be so hurtful when these things go into the wrong hands.
When I did the house clearance for my late aunt I found so many papers nobody else should ever lay hands on (many of them I didn´t read myself because it felt an inappropriate thing to do) and ended up tearing them all apart into the smallest pieces, mix the pieces and finally stuff them into big bags for recycling.
The same happened when my Dad passed away and I had to sort his belongings.

I still very much enjoy going through garbage at the curb. The tip meanwhile has moved location and it´s not possible to go treasure hunting there anymore. But as much as I love to hunt I never even attempt to read other people´s letters or documents. I just put them back.
That’s very thoughtful and sensitive of you not to take a look at those papers.:flowers: And yes, there are a lot who are the opposite- nosy and insensitive. :sad:

What a fantastic shade of purple. The way it's looking to me, it has an undertone of grey in it, which keeps it from being too bright. And yet it's still purple. If that makes sense?

I hope they come out with more bags in this shade! What style are you looking for?

Agreed! It looks to me to be a sort of ‘dusty’ purple if that makes sense. I’m hoping they do it in the Willis 18 or the turnlock clutch.

It's true for me! Some bags make me look bigger. I think it's the angle of the strap hanging as a crossbody due to the length of the bag.
Certain bags visually add a wide horizontal line around my waist and makes me wider looking.

I am the same - there are some bags when worn either crossbody or on the shoulder that just aren’t flattering on my shape for some reason. I have found that I enjoy shapes that are closer to squares, shapes that are closer to triangles (like the Fendi peekaboo and such) but often shapes that are rectangles and much wider side to side than top down - those I don’t do well with.

Sometimes it depends on the overall size and where it sits on my body. For example the classic Chanel flap in the medium size, I don’t care for on me.

What a collection!!!

That’s very thoughtful and sensitive of you not to take a look at those papers.:flowers: And yes, there are a lot who are the opposite- nosy and insensitive. :sad:
Over the years we helped with quite a few house clearances- mainly the not too nice ones where the family just wanted to get rid of anything without value to them and offered we could for example take the cupboards for free in exchange for helping clear them out. I´ve learned to totally automatically sort through things and pack them without any curiosity or judging the state of cleanliness or order. It´s not my life, not my business. I simply do the job and always enjoyed the things that came out of this for me - a bag full of bed sheets for example makes perfect dust sheets I don´t have to buy, a bag of old towels makes cleaning rugs, all our every day plates and most of the cutlery have come from the tip or clearances, many a sewing box full of old notions, fabrics, curtains or even sewing machines have been passed to me...

Went shopping for odds and ends we needed and came across a lone mini Liberty London Marlborough Crossbody and it followed me home. View attachment 5145291
Lately the more stressed I am the more things go in and out of my closet. Luckily things are going out to so I break even.
What a fun bag! In my opinion you did well taking her home! I love the print- it´s in such an edgy contrast to the the shape of the bag.

I really hear you re being stressed leads to selling and buying. It´s the need to do something!
At the moment I do have a strong urge to clear out the mess that calls itself my home, too.

There are too many shoes, clothes and maybe bags.
Though I went through almost all of the latter and did not find any I´m not in love with. So far they all are keepers. I have one cupboard left to check... Clothes and shoes both are still waiting for the big purge. I really need to drag out all the suitcases and boxes and do a Cinderella: The good ones go into the pot, the bad ones go into your crop.
My cowgirl´s boots collection is on display and I already went through it with an iron comb. Everything that does not fit me is leaving! Lots already have. I´m only keeping the really good ones!

And on the other hand... there´s a nice bag (or two?) I spotted... I´m still thinkng about it, do I really need it? (No!) Do I really like it? (Generally yes, but it depends on the quality I can´t judge before holding it in my hands...)

Meanwhile I keep sewing. I´ve been a bit deflated about sewing since a cheap fashion pencil skirt I bought without even trying it on while shopping with my daughter fits me better than the one I made to measure for myself, spending three days on the fit fine tuning. It´s not much more than a tube, so stretchy it would fit anybody...
Now I need a challenge. I (very cheaply) bought the remnants of another person´s true vintage 50ies curtains project (aka small pieces with issues) and am trying hard to make a decent dress from part of this haul. It´s coming together very slowly giving me a lot of time to let my thoughts wander. It´s a 50ies design and everything I do has to look the part. No shortcuts, a lot of handsewing.
I know myself: as soon as the execution does not fit the era I will not be happy with the result. The feeling will be off. I made a really nice 40ies dress from some rayon mens´shirts. The fit is great, the true vintage pattern I altered to my own needs is nice, but silly me finished the seams with zig-zag and used a zip that hasn´t been on the German market before the mid 50ies... argh!!!! I should have hand finished them, I should have found a metal zip... but now it´s too late.