2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately shop more when stressed, but even more when bored!! Danger!!

She's lovely, and I am so glad you decided to keep her. And I’m only a tiny bit jealous!!

Maybe this is true because I now love leopard with royal purple or forest green!

Here's Jolene to say 'Hi!' To your fur babies View attachment 5086332
Hi Jolene! Such a cutie!!!!!! That girl can work it!
And thank you! Never planned on owning a Kelly, but she crossed my path...
I never thought about leopard with forest green, but looking at it in my minds eye, it works. Think I’ll try it!

Had her out and about...I think she is more user friendly than I thought. Might leave the sangles at beer the flap on days I know I will be opening and closing her more. Going on Wednesday to see about restoration. And the DH is totally ok...we are negotiating. He gets no flak for his boat costing more than the original budget and I get the bag. Restoration is on me, though...View attachment 5086117View attachment 5086118
Great! I can't wait to hear what they say about restoration. Cute twilly!

Jolene has a beautiful face. I love her expressive eyes. I probably sound weird but after you have painted a lot of doggy pictures you appreciate a great face.
Thank you! She is a very pretty girl, and a very good fur baby!
Hi Jolene! Such a cutie!!!!!! That girl can work it!
And thank you! Never planned on owning a Kelly, but she crossed my path...
I never thought about leopard with forest green, but looking at it in my minds eye, it works. Think I’ll try it!
I love your Kelly, you have opened my mind to considering bags that are in less than pristine condition. On preloved sites, I usually look for 'Excellent' condition, but I'm going to have to expand a little. So much character!
My DH’s girls...Luna (black) was 16 when she passed, Savannah (gold) was 14. They passed in 2018 within 4 months of each other. Such different personalities. They were like kids to him. I saw that pic of Jolene and thought about Savannah, the total daddy’s girl.View attachment 5086491View attachment 5086492View attachment 5086493
They are so cute! We lost our 14 year old boxer, Hope, last December. So hard. I can't imagine losing two babies so close together. So lucky we had the opportunity to adopt Miss Jolene in February. It was a little soon, but has worked out wonderfully! Hope was Daddy's girl. Jolene is Mama's baby!

• Love
Reactions: BowieFan1971
Thank you! She is a very pretty girl, and a very good fur baby!

I love your Kelly, you have opened my mind to considering bags that are in less than pristine condition. On preloved sites, I usually look for 'Excellent' condition, but I'm going to have to expand a little. So much character!

They are so cute! We lost our 14 year old boxer, Hope, last December. So hard. I can't imagine losing two babies so close together. So lucky we had the opportunity to adopt Miss Jolene in February. It was a little soon, but has worked out wonderfully! Hope was Daddy's girl. Jolene is Mama's baby!
It took a while before DH was ready for another dog. About a year after Savannah passed, we got Bowie. We knew that at the age of 10, B was only going to be with us for a short while. He passed two weeks short of a year after we adopted him. Glad we got to make his last year a good one...he had been through so much, had been mistreated, and was such a sweet boy. Not sure if we will ever get another dog, certainly not in the foreseeable future.

Jett, our cat? We adopted her a few months after Savannah at the age of 13. 3 years later and she slows no sign of going anywhere! We believe she has the beginnings of dementia, but is in otherwise great health. Love her to pieces, even thought she is a hot mess. :lol:

This is Dusty, the dog in my avatar, a little while before he died. He was the sweetest.dusty017.jpg
This was Twinkie. He was a feral that fell out of a tree when he was a kitten. We fed him with a bottle.
020 (3).JPG
This was Pansy.a.JPG
I don't have any other pictures of Callie on my computer. She was our first cat, and the first to die. She lived to be 10. I felt cheated. She was the best and smartest. She was a one person cat. She was so affectionate to me, and actually played hide and seek with me.callie in a cup cat006.jpg

Had her out and about...I think she is more user friendly than I thought. Might leave the sangles at beer the flap on days I know I will be opening and closing her more. Going on Wednesday to see about restoration. And the DH is totally ok...we are negotiating. He gets no flak for his boat costing more than the original budget and I get the bag. Restoration is on me, though...View attachment 5086117View attachment 5086118
I’m thrilled you’re liking her!

It took a while before DH was ready for another dog. About a year after Savannah passed, we got Bowie. We knew that at the age of 10, B was only going to be with us for a short while. He passed two weeks short of a year after we adopted him. Glad we got to make his last year a good one...he had been through so much, had been mistreated, and was such a sweet boy. Not sure if we will ever get another dog, certainly not in the foreseeable future.

Jett, our cat? We adopted her a few months after Savannah at the age of 13. 3 years later and she slows no sign of going anywhere! We believe she has the beginnings of dementia, but is in otherwise great health. Love her to pieces, even thought she is a hot mess. :lol:
This is Dusty, the dog in my avatar, a little while before he died. He was the sweetest.View attachment 5086664
This was Twinkie. He was a feral that fell out of a tree when he was a kitten. We fed him with a bottle.
View attachment 5086667
This was Pansy.View attachment 5086669
I don't have any other pictures of Callie on my computer. She was our first cat, and the first to die. She lived to be 10. I felt cheated. She was the best and smartest. She was a one person cat. She was so affectionate to me, and actually played hide and seek with me.View attachment 5086671
Such cute fur babies and sweet memories! I wish there was a pill to make them live longer!

Loving all your pet pics and stories. I wish I could cuddle them all!!
My first dog was a Harlequin Great Dane, Frida. She actually chose us as we found her roaming around our yard and she wouldn’t leave. She must had been abandoned after giving birth to puppies (according to the vet) and also abused because she feared being pet at first. Unfortunately she developed a tumor which we treated with surgery and chemo and she lived for another year after that until we had to let her go because her health deteriorated at about 6 y.o. I still can’t imagine who would abandon such a magnificent and kind-hearted giant. She was the most loving dog and I’d like to think we gave her the best life possible after what she went through.
9CB5E4D7-F6EE-4257-9084-D31631CB72EC.jpegA year after we got another Great Dane puppy because we became so connected to the breed, Luna and I like to see her as our old dog’s offspring because they look so similar and she is so full of energy and happy!
CD52F487-F693-4D0D-AB51-9E1C7EFF2514.jpeg