2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...just bought a 1956 Kelly 35 in Bordeaux box that needs a handle replaced, maybe the sangles and some cosmetic work. That is the same year of the famous pic of Grace covering her baby bump and setting off a craze. I really want to bring her back to her glory. Am I wrong for thinking “collector’s item”? After she is ready, where should I look at for selling her?
Lots to consider.

PIX PLEASE!!!
These are seller pics. I should get it by the end of next week. I’ll post pics of the actual bag when she arrives!

Attachments

• 744A24AC-707B-4B59-8CB6-32AC483422BE.jpeg
    744A24AC-707B-4B59-8CB6-32AC483422BE.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 17
  • BECFF208-D67D-46D9-8BBE-2B56518E1C92.jpeg
    BECFF208-D67D-46D9-8BBE-2B56518E1C92.jpeg
    611.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 80BF209A-3258-423C-B8D0-67DD54600C26.jpeg
    80BF209A-3258-423C-B8D0-67DD54600C26.jpeg
    637.6 KB · Views: 18
  • AEA30426-7942-4E63-A78D-24FF8400FF67.jpeg
    AEA30426-7942-4E63-A78D-24FF8400FF67.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 20
That is not a hole in the bottom corner? I am on my small phone so hard to see it. It would be a beautiful bag if it can truly be repaired.
There is a split in the bottom corner outside leather, not a hole all the way through. Totally repairable. Glue and/or fill, then recolor. I have fixed small ones like that before and I’m not even a professional

Last edited:
Not sure why, but I've been fiending for bright spring/summer colors this year... And at almost half off I couldn't resist this cutie from Guess. It's a gorgeous, saturated coral color that's hard to capture.

But in case this need for these bright colored bags doesn't last, I'm not getting in Premier brands - or prices. This was only $50.

On a serious note, it got me thinking...
This cute Guess bag is obviously inspired by the BV Pouch; but, for me, having 'GUESS' lettered across the front keeps it from being a counterfeit

Also, the detachable crossbody strap is totally different than anything BV has, and it's also inbetween the sizes of the Pouch and Mini Pouch.

But for me it's mostly putting the true brand name/logo on a bag that makes a bag inspired by, not counterfeit. Since that means it's clearly being sold as the true brand, not the 'inspired by' brand. Where do you draw that line?

20210508_175543~8.jpg

Not sure why, but I've been fiending for bright spring/summer colors this year... And at almost half off I couldn't resist this cutie from Guess. It's a gorgeous, saturated coral color that's hard to capture.

But in case this need for these bright colored bags doesn't last, I'm not getting in Premier brands - or prices. This was only $50.

On a serious note, it got me thinking...
This cute Guess bag is obviously inspired by the BV Pouch; but, for me, having 'GUESS' lettered across the front keeps it from being a counterfeit

Also, the detachable crossbody strap is totally different than anything BV has, and it's also inbetween the sizes of the Pouch and Mini Pouch.

But for me it's mostly putting the true brand name/logo on a bag that makes a bag inspired by, not counterfeit. Since that means it's clearly being sold as the true brand, not the 'inspired by' brand. Where do you draw that line?

View attachment 5078636

I find counterfeits offensive on a spiritual level, but I identify a counterfeit as anything that claims to be something else.

A Guess inspired style - go for it. A checkerboard coated canvas Neverfull-style tote bag? as long as it doesn’t say it’s Louis Vuitton, I’m perfectly fine with it. A deplorable vinyl F-irkin with an H stamp - no. Even a super fake that is so good that Claude might be able to catch it or might not bugs me. Because it’s work and effort for a lie that doesn’t need to be told.

I’m weird, and I may have read velveteen rabbit or read too much Shinto philosophy as a child. But I believe the more you carry and bag and the more you love it, the more it’s associated with your signature style - the more it glows, the more special it is. It almost becomes alive.

As users, we manipulate objects. We change them and fix them and carry them and take responsibility for them.

And a counterfeit is a betrayal of that relationship between us and our space. We are forcing the object to lie about its past to fit an origin story that is amenable to us.

I have no problem with people who put on a front and are more prosperous than they appear - heck, I couldn’t afford my bags in today’s prices. But it’s when you manipulate someone or something you control to live a lie… I find that offensive.

I find counterfeits offensive on a spiritual level, but I identify a counterfeit as anything that claims to be something else.

A Guess inspired style - go for it. A checkerboard coated canvas Neverfull-style tote bag? as long as it doesn’t say it’s Louis Vuitton, I’m perfectly fine with it. A deplorable vinyl F-irkin with an H stamp - no. Even a super fake that is so good that Claude might be able to catch it or might not bugs me. Because it’s work and effort for a lie that doesn’t need to be told.

I’m weird, and I may have read velveteen rabbit or read too much Shinto philosophy as a child. But I believe the more you carry and bag and the more you love it, the more it’s associated with your signature style - the more it glows, the more special it is. It almost becomes alive.

As users, we manipulate objects. We change them and fix them and carry them and take responsibility for them.

And a counterfeit is a betrayal of that relationship between us and our space. We are forcing the object to lie about its past to fit an origin story that is amenable to us.

I have no problem with people who put on a front and are more prosperous than they appear - heck, I couldn’t afford my bags in today’s prices. But it’s when you manipulate someone or something you control to live a lie… I find that offensive.

Beautifully said. :hugs:

beautiful bag!

Very spring indeed! I love the strap!

Great advice. :heart:

She looks fantastic!

Lovely collection!

Great stats for April! and nice job in clearing items away!

:hugs:

Beautiful! congratulations!

Congratulations! I love the style and colour!

Great question! I'll answer later!

Great take away and I agree!

I love the hardware!

Great advice!

Agreed! @880 your new cuff is stunning!

I can't wait to see what's coming!

+1!
Hello everyone,
I'm catching up on everyone's posts. My kitty Velvet, got really sick again early Last week, and she passed away during a procedure Last Thursday. I'm heartbroken; I love her and I miss her so, so much. :sad:
I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to lose out animal friends :hugs:

@Vintage Leather Incredible post! So wonderfully said!
@JenJBS Lovely coral colour! Enjoy it!
@dcooney4 (I'm catching up on older posts so this is late...) I love your little paintings so much! And I adore the distressed bag. It's very easy to style bags like that, because they're naturally fuss-free. I'm glad you kept it. :smile:
@880 (also very late to say this to you...) what a stunning cuff and congrats on your anniversary!

@Vintage Leather Incredible post! So wonderfully said!
@JenJBS Lovely coral colour! Enjoy it!
@dcooney4 (I'm catching up on older posts so this is late...) I love your little paintings so much! And I adore the distressed bag. It's very easy to style bags like that, because they're naturally fuss-free. I'm glad you kept it. :smile:
@880 (also very late to say this to you...) what a stunning cuff and congrats on your anniversary!

Thank you! :flowers: