2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
She’s here!!!! And every bit as beautiful as I thought she would be! So happy...I thought she might’ve a little too big in the 35, but I don’t think so. Can’t wait until she gets her initials because she’s here to stay!!!!! Dressed with a Patou pocket square...View attachment 5063012View attachment 5063013View attachment 5063014View attachment 5063033
What a beautiful bag! Love the scarves, both the one you’re wearing and the square on Miss. H :heart:

She’s here!!!! And every bit as beautiful as I thought she would be! So happy...I thought she might’ve a little too big in the 35, but I don’t think so. Can’t wait until she gets her initials because she’s here to stay!!!!! Dressed with a Patou pocket square...View attachment 5063012View attachment 5063013View attachment 5063014View attachment 5063033
Beautiful! and so is the bag! if you end up monogramming, I agree with @Vintage Leather below. I personally tend not to monogram bc I cannot remember how many times I’ve sworn that x was the only and forever bag, only to change my mind lol! congrats and hugs!
@dcooney4, I love your hair! It’s gorgeous! You look amazing! and, I’m sure your DD will love the dress!
@cowgirlsboots, I’ve always wanted a larger dionysus (ITA with @mariliz11 ) and now I’d like a Big Mac :biggrin:. I love your pictures of the painted leather jackets for the parm event below!
thank you, @morebags! Congrats on being included on purse Blog @afroken! I’m running off now to find it!

Last edited:
@dcooney4 @mariliz11@JenJBS
Thanks guys! So happy! Now I just have to decide on what initials to use. My married initials are LBS...don’t know if I like the abbreviation for pounds on my bag! Especially since I’m not exactly skinny anymore... :lol:
You could do the big S in the middle, with the L and B to either side, much smaller.

View attachment 5062898Bought a dress today and had hubby take pictures of front and back to send to me dd for her opinion. Just now when I looked the bird is right non my derrière. Lol that and I have my hand knitted socks on. Such a funny picture. It took all my strength not to go in all the bag shops.
Your hair and figure -wow! You are a bombshell.

That’s just lovely! I like how you posed her with the LV. I have a soft spot for Monogram and luggage tags!

@dcooney4 @mariliz11@JenJBS
Thanks guys! So happy! Now I just have to decide on what initials to use. My married initials are LBS...don’t know if I like the abbreviation for pounds on my bag! Especially since I’m not exactly skinny anymore... :lol:
You could do the big S in the middle, with the L and B to either side, much smaller.
Yes that would be the classic way to do the monogram. Ya know, like on your silver and linens:coolio:

View attachment 5062898Bought a dress today and had hubby take pictures of front and back to send to me dd for her opinion. Just now when I looked the bird is right non my derrière. Lol that and I have my hand knitted socks on. Such a funny picture. It took all my strength not to go in all the bag shops.
:heart:
You look amazing, your hair is beautiful!
Congratulations! You and the bag look fabulous and it looks perfect with your outfit. :love:

Last edited:
I love that Bolide! I know that it’s Etain but this photo gives it a more blue gray taupe look...I love it ! Does it look like this in real life?
Thank you essiedub. It is a chameleon colour. I would say it leans to darker grey.

@ElainePG @Purses & Perfumes @880 @doni @dcooney4 Thanks for the good wishes on a negative test for my kiddo.

@mariliz11 fabulous Dionysus.
@doni have a happy birthday!
@SouthernPurseGal yay for your kids getting started in their new school and on you moving into your new home!
@cowgirlsboots your embellished and multicoloured bags are so glamourous! Congratulations on your new scarf. It looks great on you.
@whateve congratulations on your Cashin 22, the colour is gorgeous!
@880 you look fabulous as always, great outfits!
@afroken’s bag pic was featured on the blog roundup, congratulations! https://www.purseblog.com/purseforum/purseforum-roundup-april-19th/

Last edited:
I took some the other day because it can be worn in so many different ways! Even as a belt bag
View attachment 5062465

Stunning! Thank-you so much for showing us!

I´m dreaming of a big version of the Dionysus bag. Years ago I saw a lady at McDonalds. She had a big Dionysus bag on the table in front of her. It seemed to be made of croc or alligator- I can´tbe sure (nor can I be sure it was the real thing) as I only saw it from a distance. I did not dare go over and aske her to have a closer look at her bag.

What a great dress! I´d love to wear it, too! It looks wonderful on you- or the back of you.. To me the bird right on the behind to me is proof of good pattern cutting- perfectly centered.

Congratulations!
The bag looks perfect and it suits you so well. You certainly have found a keeper- a bag for life!
I´m really happy for you!

Nothing exciting! Just a straight redye. I have an old bag that had ink stains. I have done a few coats of purple but I'm not really loving the color. It's darker than I expected. I'm not super happy with the texture either. So it is just sitting there while I decide what to do.

This sounds like the perfect project! Please keep us posted!
I´m itching to paint on another leather jacket, but haven´t come up with the right design, yet.
No pram event this year, so there won´t be a themed jacket for this... I´ll have to come up with something different. The jacket is already waiting- black, from the 90ies, a childrens´size so it will fit me perfectly tight and look nice to be worn over a dress.

40496303_10217334782388307_2372718102438739968_n.jpgIMG_3752.JPGIMG_4939.JPG

Stunning! Thank-you so much for showing us!

I´m dreaming of a big version of the Dionysus bag. Years ago I saw a lady at McDonalds. She had a big Dionysus bag on the table in front of her. It seemed to be made of croc or alligator- I can´tbe sure (nor can I be sure it was the real thing) as I only saw it from a distance. I did not dare go over and aske her to have a closer look at her bag.

I think it's a classic and worth the splurge! I have the monogram version in bigger size and it's one of my fav pieces. The exotic leather and velvet and embellished ones are stunning!