2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
@More bags sorry to hear, I am sure your daughter will be fine!
My father got his second shot today. OMG it so slow in Europe I can’t even think about it...
@SouthernPurseGal you must be so relieved to finally being settling down in Atlanta!

Back to bags, I tend to agree with @880 that to me the Bolide feels more casual than the Alma. That said I owned a Bolide 28 in green box and got rid of it. It was a beautiful bag but didn’t work for me, maybe it was that neither here nor there in terms of casual/formal. I think at some point I will own a big Bolide, maybe Swift, perhaps a 1923, all puddly and functional and ready to be worn down.
I love this video of Isaac Mizrahi with his Bolide:

Thanks ! These paints are so much fun. I did a quick outline on this one. Used a preparer first then sanded the butterfly only then five layers of paint and finisher. Thanks to everyone here telling me to do thin layers and my brother for telling me to sand it, I am quite happy with it.
What kind of paints and finisher are you using? How do you sand in just the one area?

Oh what are you going to paint? So exciting!
Nothing exciting! Just a straight redye. I have an old bag that had ink stains. I have done a few coats of purple but I'm not really loving the color. It's darker than I expected. I'm not super happy with the texture either. So it is just sitting there while I decide what to do.