2021 Holiday Pendant

LOL now I see how rumors start. I posted this pic on my Instagram account about how it’s NOT the pendant, but a mock up of one. Then it gets shared and now I see on FB people think it’s the real one lol. I wonder if we are all in for a shock when the real one is revealed and it looks nothing like the mock up pic!
yea I think my sa isn't allowed to share the vca website images yet so she sent this to just give me an idea of what it would look like. she did say it was around USD4k

LOL now I see how rumors start. I posted this pic on my Instagram account about how it’s NOT the pendant, but a mock up of one. Then it gets shared and now I see on FB people think it’s the real one lol. I wonder if we are all in for a shock when the real one is revealed and it looks nothing like the mock up pic!
That's hilarious it was your photo!

I don't think it will be lavendar jade or any jade. On jade, I read the Chinese really love their jade, and they want top notch, high quality jadelite. VCA has a lot of high end clients in Asia who are super picky when it comes to true high end jade. I seriously doubt the mass produced VCA Alhambra pendants can be the same top quality jade. VCA is not going to embarass themselves by using an average quality jade. I can't tell a $10.00 jade bangle from a $10,000 jade bangle, but I bet you jade lovers can look at a "VCA jade motif pendant" and judge that stone quality in two seconds.

I still think WG GMOP. :biggrin:

I don't think it will be lavendar jade or any jade. On jade, I read the Chinese really love their jade, and they want top notch, high quality jadelite. VCA has a lot of high end clients in Asia who are super picky when it comes to true high end jade. I seriously doubt the mass produced VCA Alhambra pendants can be the same top quality jade. VCA is not going to embarass themselves by using an average quality jade. I can't tell a $10.00 jade bangle from a $10,000 jade bangle, but I bet you jade lovers can look at a "VCA jade motif pendant" and judge that stone quality in two seconds.

This post made me laugh cause it is so true. Living in HK I see a lot of jade, woman wear it, stores sell it, street markets full of it. I am not a pay attention to details person so it all looks the same to me. But woman here can tell the difference and definitely know their jade. I also assume VCA will only use jade in high end pieces. They are clearly focused on growing in Asia and agree would not want to embarrass themselves.

They’ve done jade in the past! Although all the resale ones I’ve seen don’t look great.

F7561DD9-DABB-4E8F-8AD4-1DD889861C95.jpeg

They’ve done jade in the past! Although all the resale ones I’ve seen don’t look great.

You ladies read my mind. I love jade and I was so surprised the first time I saw vca alhambra jade. I had expected something closer to imperial jadeite quality because of the price tag and how little jade it actually would be. I definitely wasnʻt impressed with what Iʻve seen offered for resale. Since holiday pendant is LE, maybe they could swing a better quality? Even a good quality nephrite would be nice.

Reactions: BigAkoya and jenaps
You ladies read my mind. I love jade and I was so surprised the first time I saw vca alhambra jade. I had expected something closer to imperial jadeite quality because of the price tag and how little jade it actually would be. I definitely wasnʻt impressed with what Iʻve seen offered for resale. Since holiday pendant is LE, maybe they could swing a better quality? Even a good quality nephrite would be nice.

Likewise, I was so underwhelmed. Around the same time they also came out with Vintage Alhambra in pink opal. It also didn’t sing to me at all since the pink opal was so flat

Reactions: jenaps and Alena21
I think amethyst is far too “high end” (for lack of a better term) and expensive. The VCA Alhambra line tends to be what is typically lower end stones - mother of pearl, chalcedony, onyx. They are all far cheaper than amethyst.

Agree and for this reason as well: this is typically kind of a stone which is cut faceted and it's transparent. Holiday pendant has solid back: it would not work together at all.

View attachment 5194122
Woah the quality of this jade looks really bad (colour, transparency, etc.) even to me as a non-expert! I seriously hope VCA sticks to what they know best...:shocked:

I dont know about other people, but I'd rather wear a lower quality diamond (since you can't really tell the difference by naked eye) than a lower quality jade. People who know really know.

Still hoping for a semi-precious or non-precious stone for the holiday pendant here...

Reactions: jenaps