2021 Holiday Pendant

Did anybody end up engraving their holiday pendants? If so, could you post some pictures? I am thinking of engraving it and would like to see some examples before I decide. Thanks!
I always have my holiday pendants engraved. The one year that is not engraved is because I gave my original pink porcelain to my daughter to wear for a few months. It had my initials engraved on it. I decided to let her keep it when I was able to purchase another pink porcelain Holiday pendant. I have not made the trade with her yet as we are in different states until the summer :smile: As soon as we are together again I will give her mine and take my original Pink Porcelain with my initials.

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 345
Ladies, there's a whole bunch of them on Fashionphile. All priced above $6,000 USD. I guess some women got tired of the pink/salmon shade quite easily this year.
I think it's just that a lot of people don't have the stomach for paying nearly double retail price (especially when the piece is only 6 months old). My guess is that FP overdid it with their buyouts and is now sitting on too much inventory.

I always have my holiday pendants engraved. The one year that is not engraved is because I gave my original pink porcelain to my daughter to wear for a few months. It had my initials engraved on it. I decided to let her keep it when I was able to purchase another pink porcelain Holiday pendant. I have not made the trade with her yet as we are in different states until the summer :smile: As soon as we are together again I will give her mine and take my original Pink Porcelain with my initials.
Thanks for this! It really helps to see the engraved necklace before deciding. I think I’ll have it engraved for sure!

Reactions: hhw
True, although I didn't see too many of the 2020 HP on FP as much as the 2021's.
No I think that’s because FP caught wind of the relative scarcity of the 2021 holiday pendant and offered people crazy high buyout prices. And at the latter end of 2021, those holiday pendants were selling. But I think the economic reality is changing and lots of people aren’t willing to pay double the retail price for that pendant.

In general, holiday pendants do not go for that much of a premium over retail price, even more sought after pendants like the pink porcelain. In my experience, I have always been able to recoup my money when selling holiday pendants (I’ve sold three now), but never at much (if any) of a profit. The 2021 pendant was an exception because the demand was much higher than the supply, but the asking prices are too high at this point (in my opinion).

Are holiday pendants ever sold online?
Yes, they are almost always sold online - available 10/1 when the boutiques can begin selling. Last year's pendant was an anomaly because of the seemingly much lower production. The customer service/distribution center still sold the pendant, but it was offered primarily to existing customers through phone orders. It was never actually available to buy online in the US as far as I'm aware (other countries may be different).

Reactions: Hantan83
Yes, they are almost always sold online - available 10/1 when the boutiques can begin selling. Last year's pendant was an anomaly because of the seemingly much lower production. The customer service/distribution center still sold the pendant, but it was offered primarily to existing customers through phone orders. It was never actually available to buy online in the US as far as I'm aware (other countries may be different).
Thank you so much - I was lucky enough to get one from my SA last year and I passed on the one from 2020. I wonder how it will be this year? I am asking because one of the reasons I keep going back to a particular boutique (far my house!) is to be able to be offered the Holiday Pendant. But if it is released on line, it might be easier for me to set the alarm clock really early on 10/01!!!

Thank you so much - I was lucky enough to get one from my SA last year and I passed on the one from 2020. I wonder how it will be this year? I am asking because one of the reasons I keep going back to a particular boutique (far my house!) is to be able to be offered the Holiday Pendant. But if it is released on line, it might be easier for me to set the alarm clock really early on 10/01!!!
I think assuming they were able to have normal production this year, you will be able to get one online without issue. To be honest, people who had made online purchases in the past were probably at an advantage for getting the 2021 holiday pendant. Customer service seemed to be reserving their allocation (which of course is far larger than the allocaiton going to any single boutique) for customers who made online purchases in the past. That was how I was able to get mine.

I don’t know if the 2021 was actually ever available online for purchase. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I think you had to call the online boutique and they looked to see if you had an online purchase history. And if you did then you were able to make the purchase over the phone.

I don’t know if the 2021 was actually ever available online for purchase. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I think you had to call the online boutique and they looked to see if you had an online purchase history. And if you did then you were able to make the purchase over the phone.
It was available for purchase online in Ireland and I believe in Japan but not in the US. You are correct that you had to purchase it over the phone and VCA limited who could purchase over the phone based on prior online purchase history.

What Alhambra bracelet would you pair with the pendant? I wear diamond stud earrings in white gold setting, my holiday pendant, a rose gold perlee ring, and am thinking of getting either the vintage or sweet 5 motif bracelet in rose gold. What are your thoughts? I can only dream of a matching 5 motif rhodonite bracelet so.....

Reactions: hhw