2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Well I have been jonesing for a new bag but I really do NOT need another bag. I stopped posting during color showcase weeks but I think I need to look at my bags so here is the collection for Blue week. Oh I definitely have a problem ..I gravitate towards blue and grey bags (actually, I won’t lie, I kinda like so many colors). Though I do have a lot of blue

View attachment 4815459

The Celine belt bag is probably the most practical for daily purposes yet still not too out of place for weekend jaunts. I love her and she has the contrast interior.
The little Prada bow pouch is my stadium bag (Blue and Gold!) for football games in the fall - looks like no games this autumn.
The little canisters are perfume sprays one is bleu de prusse and the other...iris (I think, maybe not). They are not practical at all (far too heavy) but I just HAD to have them
I love my mini Lady Dior
I don’t carry the Birkin 35 much but she is so silky! She’s also bleu de prusse (love that color) She has the special guilloche hardware. I really can’t take her to job sites :sad:

Any questions? Comments? Yes I have a problem...
I just realized how lousy my photo was..here’s a closeup of the SLG’s (which is another problem)
There are more but I got tired.
View attachment 4815461
@essiedub what a beautifully curated collection of blue bags and SLGs! Bleu de Prusse is a wonderful blue and both your box Birkin and Celine belt catch my eye. Is that the name of the Celine, I have a different shape in my mind for Celine belt bag, is yours a trifold? All beauties, regardless! :love:

Finally have a minute to show my new-2-me Goyard.
I’ve been interested in them for a while, but last year in Paris, I saw a woman in Hermès with a lovely blue Jeanne. It was so cute... and I really liked it - it was love at first sight. But finding a Jeanne (that meets all my criteria) wasn’t possible, and I wasn’t interested in a St Louis (and that is evidently the most popular G), and I’ve actually been feeling pretty bag content. But I still look around because- well you know.
I found something completely different, I had never seen this bag! A Sac Rouette. It’s new style and was released last year. It is SO lightweight, and easy to carry. Because it’s the Goyard canvas, it’s easy to wipe down - a bonus in COVID times. The leather strap can be doubled or left long - which makes it (for me) too long for a shoulder bag, but too short for crossbody wear. So I keep the strap doubled and wear it on my shoulder. The flap can be left outside or inside - it stays in place with a magnet.
Without further ado - here’s my new red girl! ❤
View attachment 4815846
Flap in
View attachment 4815847
Single strap - can go over the flap for extra security
View attachment 4815848
Interior - the pocket is lined with the canvas
View attachment 4815849
And there is plenty of room!
View attachment 4815850
Thanks for letting me share and @keodi let me know what you think! ❤
Congratulations on your new red bag, she looks fantastic!

@essiedub what a beautifully curated collection of blue bags and SLGs! Bleu de Prusse is a wonderful blue and both your box Birkin and Celine belt catch my eye. Is that the name of the Celine, I have a different shape in my mind for Celine belt bag, is yours a trifold? All beauties, regardless! :love:
OMG
You are right! This is the trifold! I have my eye on a belt bag!! I am so busted!

Oh yeah! We had this conversation! my memory isn’t what it should be..but I blame your avatar change! Ha!
do you go to the games...or are you on east coast now (as I recall...)?
I'm still in California but not close by. I don't go to games. They have get togethers for alums near me but I've never participated. DH went to Chico so he doesn't share my passion. My grandfather went to UCLA when it was called southern campus.

Reactions: essiedub and keodi
Your bag is absolutely gorgeous :loveeyes: - and I'm not even the biggest lover of Bs

Bleu de Prusse (Prussian blue) owes its name to the blue colour of the uniforms worn by the Prussian soldiers. It's quite a well known colour in France, particularly Paris, because of the Franco-Prussian war, which the French lost, and had to endure the Siege of Paris for 4 months which brought the Parisians to their knees. The success of the war meant freedom from the French army in the German speaking lands and German unification, Berlin becoming the newly formed country's capital, Prussia the dominant force. Berlin's expansion immediately set about creating a modern city that reviled Paris. Bleu de Prusse, also called Berlin blue, is a very dark cyan blue was naturally avoided colour in France, particularly Paris for decades after. It's interesting that Hermes use that colour (and quite a few other Prussian military symbols) presumably to evoke the late 19 Century.
Wow fascinating! I love the history lesson!
You don't have to apologise to me, I only have a Box K ;) .

I think a K can look OK in a grained leather is a larger size and on the right person. I managed to get a black 35 phw K for a friend and she looked great, in fact she looked like a young princess.
I'd love to see it!

Reactions: papertiger
I'm still in California but not close by. I don't go to games. They have get togethers for alums near me but I've never participated. DH went to Chico so he doesn't share my passion. My grandfather went to UCLA when it was called southern campus.
I didn’t know it was called southern campus! Ha! We don’t go to alum events either and we live pretty close to campus. I once saw an H picotin in the wild on Telegraph. That was pretty exciting.. I tailed her, took a photo and posted in the wildlife thread! We do go to the games and as proper bear fans, we suffer through the seasons. I decided last year that I will never again go to a home game against USC...just cannot get away from that stupid band. Ugh! Anyway, we were “projected” to win the pac-12 north this season and in typical fashion, the season has been canceled. Such is the plight of a long suffering Cal fan. Anyhoo...how did we get onto this? Oh yes my Blue and Gold stadium bag! I guess you’re also blue and gold (all UC campuses are) just lighter gold and lighter blue!

Ha ha, that’s too funny! Which size and colour are you looking at? I’ve looked at the Belt Bags a number of times and I can’t decide on a size or colour, probably why I never bought one - analysis paralysis.

... Shhh ...I pulled the trigger today on a resale site! I went with the mini, which is the large (talk about a misnomer) and I really wanted it in a smooth calfskin (vs. the more typical pebbled leather) It’s not blue or gray! I dithered for days on whether I brown but I kept coming back to it. I think it’s the silkiness of the leather. This is the photo from the siteF8A3E700-445B-4F58-A578-7883D1D7A2EE.jpeg

... Shhh ...I pulled the trigger today on a resale site! I went with the mini, which is the large (talk about a misnomer) and I really wanted it in a smooth calfskin (vs. the more typical pebbled leather) It’s not blue or gray! I dithered for days on whether I brown but I kept coming back to it. I think it’s the silkiness of the leather. This is the photo from the siteView attachment 4817491
Can't wait to see real photos of this. Congrats!

What leather?

I think it was either Clemence or Togo.

I remember because I (as a London local) needed to pave the way for her (from Norway) and was slightly worried that someone with very fine taste in lady-like shoes (René Caovilla etc) would be able to work with a more rugged looking leather type. I think the choice was between a Lindy (can't remember specs) or that K and the Kelly looked so perfect on her.