2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

July stats
Nothing in but some vintage purses to rehab - probably to resell. I'll count them in if I decide to keep any.
Bags in 0, bags out 0
SLGs in 0, SLGs out 3
Still not really carrying anything. I've been carrying a bag in the car when we go for a drive but not really using it, except today I took out some cash to buy some tomatoes at a stand, completely contactless.

I totally understand that feeling. In spite of recovering from it, I still panic whenever there's someone near me without a mask. At the grocery store yesterday, people were pulling masks down after they got into the store and then not distancing at all. I got really tense and wanted to run out.
Hopefully you're fine; try to put it out of your mind. But maybe make a mental note that the next time you need to interact within a crowd, that you wear a mask yourself and try to position yourself near an open window if possible.
We can only do our best, the rest is out of our hands. Hopefully this will all be over soon.

Oh, I wore my mask, wouldn´t have parted with it, and huddled as close to the wall as I could. The open window might be the safest place, but not a good option for me as I´m very allergic and we´ve been having a high pollen count. Another reason I like the mask atm.

July stats:
0 bags in
1 vintage bag (finally!) out and my expenses recovered.
no SLGs in or out
For most of the month I was feeling total bag peace until I spotted the Dior New Lock a few days ago....

I didn´t go "out", only grocery shopping and to the dreaded school thing once. The bags I carried were the abro crossbody and one of my all times favourites- a bigger black late 40ies handbag.

The move is actually across the country, closer to family, and where most of my friends and network is. My job is remote through the end of the year - maybe longer - so I’m taking advantage.

The second offer was accepted, so now I have 30 days of watching the money flow out and biting my nails and praying.

Meanwhile, the numbers:

July

Bags In: 0
Bags out: 10!!
Accessories In: 2 (cute replacement crossbody straps)
Accessories Out: 18!?!?

YTD

Bags In: 2
Bags Out: 11
Accessories In: 5
Jewelry and Accessories Out: 52!!

The move is actually across the country, closer to family, and where most of my friends and network is. My job is remote through the end of the year - maybe longer - so I’m taking advantage.

The second offer was accepted, so now I have 30 days of watching the money flow out and biting my nails and praying.

Meanwhile, the numbers:

July

YTD

OMG you are in serious credit :tup:

Meanwhile, the numbers:

July

YTD

Wow way to go!

Reactions: keodi
Sounds exactly like what my poor 95-year-old Mom has been enduring since the middle of March. She lives in a Life Care community, so she's in her own apartment (not a nursing home), basically a studio apartment with a kitchen & bath. But no more dining room, which is where residents had all their mental stimulation. Meals are delivered, and according to Mom, the food is pretty crummy. I was allowed to visit her until a few weeks ago, since I'm considered a "secondary caregiver," but then there were a couple of positive C-19 tests among employees (though none among residents) and at that point my doctor said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! (And so did Mom, bless her heart.) I feel just terrible for her. She's so lonely. Of course I call her every day and we talk for at least an hour, but it's not the same thing. And mentally she's simply not up to FaceTime (though they offered to set her up with it), so we don't have visual contact. I only live 2 blocks away from her, and I'm hoping the visiting ban will lift soon, but I'm not optimistic.

Sorry if this is TMI. Just had to spill. :frown:
Sorry to hear about your mom’s isolation Elaine. I am glad you are looking after yourself! Best wishes to both of you. Be well and stay healthy!

Our schools are opening on Monday. I´m not impressed and very doubtful how well distancing etc will be taken care of. I´m still in shock about their parents assembly on Thursday. 30+ people in one packed classroom- at least with all windows open. I should have left immediately, but stayed as I needed the information given.
(Did I actually? Couldn´t I just have gambled and taken the kid on Monday at the usual school start time? I actually do kick my own behind for staying meanwhile!)
Only 2 people in the room were wearing masks as inside the classrooms it is not mandatory. Everybody seemed to be fine with the situation. I was on the verge of a panic attack. This was the first time since April I got in contact with a big group of people.
Ugh, sorry to hear of this stressful situation. Best wishes with back to school on Monday. Do what you need to do to feel comfortable, including distracting yourself by staring down that Dior New Lock bag.

July stats
Nothing in but some vintage purses to rehab - probably to resell. I'll count them in if I decide to keep any.
Bags in 0, bags out 0
SLGs in 0, SLGs out 3
Still not really carrying anything. I've been carrying a bag in the car when we go for a drive but not really using it, except today I took out some cash to buy some tomatoes at a stand, completely contactless.
Great stats whateve!

July stats:
0 bags in
1 vintage bag (finally!) out and my expenses recovered.
no SLGs in or out
For most of the month I was feeling total bag peace until I spotted the Dior New Lock a few days ago....

I didn´t go "out", only grocery shopping and to the dreaded school thing once. The bags I carried were the abro crossbody and one of my all times favourites- a bigger black late 40ies handbag.
Congratulations on selling the vintage bag and recovering expenses.

I'm returning to this question because it really got me thinking. It's not something I've considered before.
I have a very simple aesthetic. Very androgynous and neat.
I don't wear prints or ruffles, or anything overtly feminine in style. I've always been a tomboy and it suits both my shape and personality. My tops and bottoms are all solid colours but many will have interesting details...a contrasting stitch or unique buttons; just small, subtle details others wouldn't notice on me but give me pleasure.
However many of my bags are the opposite: lots of colours, interesting shapes, interesting textures, unique leathers.

Do most of you carry simple bags but style them against adventurous outfits, or are your clothing choices understated where your bags may be a bit louder? Or do you lean entirely towards classic and chic in both categories?
I'm pretty classic, especially the bags. I might wear an artsy jacket or blouse, but the rest is sedate. I'm in my 60s. And then there are SCARVES!!