2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

No problem. Let us know what you do about the Dior. :smile:
I can only speak for the one I've held recently and the leather on my Coccinelle is so soft! I'd definitely recommend it; the brand is known for their quality.
But, Lancaster has several quilted bags for €90-110 in the sale right now, so that's very tempting.
I searched and there is a thread on the brand here...

Edit: I just remembered my favourite quilted bag wasn't in the family photo!:facepalm:
You know you have too many bags when you can forget one of your favourites so easily! :doh:
Attached is the Coach ombre Callie. @whateve, the one I'm asking you to name is the one on the right. TIA :biggrin:

View attachment 4803914

Your Coach ombre Callie is gorgeous! How do you wear it? Casually or dressed up?

The Dior New Lock is still lingering in the back of my head. I´m very tempted, but I don´t understand why the seller hasn´t sent me any photos, yet. Some people are just so slow or don´t understand that somebody wants to see everything before spending money. I might write to her, again, tomorrow. On the other hand... it´s expensive... but kind of a classic bag... very much what I´vebeen looking for... cannage quilted... silver hardware... chunky silver chain... but only a shoulder chain... a bit big for crossbody anyway... you see my peace is endangered!

Here´s an old campaign photo from when the style was launched in Dec 2009.

dior-lock-bag campaign dec 2009.jpg

Last edited:
Your Coach ombre Callie is gorgeous! How do you wear it? Casually or dressed up?
Thank you. It's really a favourite of mine! :smile:
I paid so much more for that bag than I should have, lol! I was abroad for work and I paid full retail when in the US people were getting it 60-70% off. But I just loved this bag and really wanted it, so it was worth the price to me. It's from the 1941 line and the leather is great! I use it often but there's been no real wear on it, nor any peeling on the glazed coloured portions of the leather. I'm very impressed with how it has held up.

Mostly I style it casually. It matches everything because it has every colour in it.
A better pic attached for you. :smile:

The Dior New Lock is still lingering in the back of my head.... you see my peace is endangered!
I don't blame you for being tempted! That is a gorgeous bag! :loveeyes:
I would never buy it without seeing it first; you have to know the condition it's in! How odd that a seller wouldn't think of that...
Once you see the photos, you'll be able to make up your mind more easily if it's worth getting. :yes:Callie.jpg

This is what I’ve been carrying the last few days...unearthed from the depths of my closet for some airtime.
Chloe Baylee Large in the “yummy cookie” color. Boy it sure is hard to photograph a slouchy bag.
Also, a bag spill ..hmm..nothing has changed since S.I.P Mar 17th. Time for a change, I’d say. I sure wish I could get a haircut..but I digress.14FA2752-763E-418F-BBC9-53E7A1A3E009.jpegC97F2891-B53C-4EF4-9693-B45230688736.jpeg

No backup plans. People (in the US, at least) have been forced to become experts in science just to make basic decisions for ourselves and our families.

Yes, there was just a piece in the New York Times about this: calling those of us who do this (I'm one of them) "armchair epidemiologists." I thought it was a perfect term! But it's sad that we're forced to do it, with no real guidance.
:sad:
Truly, it's both heartbreaking and infuriating!

This is what I’ve been carrying the last few days...unearthed from the depths of my closet for some airtime.
Chloe Baylee Large in the “yummy cookie” color. Boy it sure is hard to photograph a slouchy bag.
Also, a bag spill ..hmm..nothing has changed since S.I.P Mar 17th. Time for a change, I’d say. I sure wish I could get a haircut..but I digress.View attachment 4805034View attachment 4805033
Fabulous Baylee and bag spill! :love:

The Dior New Lock is still lingering in the back of my head. I´m very tempted, but I don´t understand why the seller hasn´t sent me any photos, yet. Some people are just so slow or don´t understand that somebody wants to see everything before spending money. I might write to her, again, tomorrow. On the other hand... it´s expensive... but kind of a classic bag... very much what I´vebeen looking for... cannage quilted... silver hardware... chunky silver chain... but only a shoulder chain... a bit big for crossbody anyway... you see my peace is endangered!

View attachment 4804798
The Dior New Lock is a good looking bag. I didn’t realize it was a fixed chain shoulder bag. I think I get this one confused with the Dior Sliding Chain style that @Sparkletastic has shared here. Both are lovely!

Also, a bag spill ..hmm..nothing has changed since S.I.P Mar 17th. Time for a change, I’d say. I sure wish I could get a haircut..but I digress.View attachment 4805034View attachment 4805033
Oh how I love a good bag spill. Thank you for showing your lovelies.

Me, too. They need to figure out a test that's immediate turn-around. I think they have this type for people who work in the White House, don't they? It's not completely reliable, but it's a quick screen.

Is your University going to open in the fall, or will it still be distance learning?
We are opening, with hybrid (online/live) teaching until Thanksgiving, then all online until February, then back to hybrid. Last night I visited friends at my old Uni where they are going to test students twice a week. It's a fancy place with famous med school, and the test will be a one-day thing. With a positive test they are basically going to lock you in your tiny room for 2 weeks and bring you crappy food.

Yes, there was just a piece in the New York Times about this: calling those of us who do this (I'm one of them) "armchair epidemiologists." I thought it was a perfect term! But it's sad that we're forced to do it, with no real guidance.
And in my field we have had to become experts in new technology for zooming without the lag that happens. If I hear the words "latency" and "asynchronous" one more time I am going to barf.

Oh golly - a bag spill! <love!>
Thank you for sharing! Is that a small wallet with the horn closure? So cute!

(I’m going wild and crazy today, and changing wallets! Alert the presses! :panic: )

How do you wear it? Casually or dressed up?
I'm returning to this question because it really got me thinking. It's not something I've considered before.
I have a very simple aesthetic. Very androgynous and neat.
I don't wear prints or ruffles, or anything overtly feminine in style. I've always been a tomboy and it suits both my shape and personality. My tops and bottoms are all solid colours but many will have interesting details...a contrasting stitch or unique buttons; just small, subtle details others wouldn't notice on me but give me pleasure.
However many of my bags are the opposite: lots of colours, interesting shapes, interesting textures, unique leathers.

Do most of you carry simple bags but style them against adventurous outfits, or are your clothing choices understated where your bags may be a bit louder? Or do you lean entirely towards classic and chic in both categories?

Loving your cute accessories, @essiedub . :love: The LV wallet (is it a wallet???) with the gondola (is it a gondola?) is adorable!

Reactions: jblended and keodi

View attachment 4804798
That's a handsome bag. But maybe with all that hardware it would be heavy. What do you think?

We are opening, with hybrid (online/live) teaching until Thanksgiving, then all online until February, then back to hybrid. Last night I visited friends at my old Uni where they are going to test students twice a week. It's a fancy place with famous med school, and the test will be a one-day thing. With a positive test they are basically going to lock you in your tiny room for 2 weeks and bring you crappy food.
Sounds exactly like what my poor 95-year-old Mom has been enduring since the middle of March. She lives in a Life Care community, so she's in her own apartment (not a nursing home), basically a studio apartment with a kitchen & bath. But no more dining room, which is where residents had all their mental stimulation. Meals are delivered, and according to Mom, the food is pretty crummy. I was allowed to visit her until a few weeks ago, since I'm considered a "secondary caregiver," but then there were a couple of positive C-19 tests among employees (though none among residents) and at that point my doctor said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! (And so did Mom, bless her heart.) I feel just terrible for her. She's so lonely. Of course I call her every day and we talk for at least an hour, but it's not the same thing. And mentally she's simply not up to FaceTime (though they offered to set her up with it), so we don't have visual contact. I only live 2 blocks away from her, and I'm hoping the visiting ban will lift soon, but I'm not optimistic.

Sorry if this is TMI. Just had to spill. :frown: