2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

In my workplace, if someone tests positive, their department is informed but each individual is responsible for testing ... So you can guess how well that’s working out

In other news, I put in an offer on a house today :excited: In true 2020 fashion, my realtor got Covid (so I’m working with her coworker), all my house tours were done via FaceTime, and we’ve written Covid cleaning into the contract.

And to keep this on theme, I sold a few of my purses and accessories to help with the down payment. Sales really picked up last week especially.

If you have any vibes to offer, they’d be appreciated.
Congratulations and best wishes on the house purchase offer! Well done on your sales. Sending good vibes and positive energy in your direction!

She's still in quarantine but I had to pull her out to take a proper peek (and a quick pic). I adore her! The present from my siblings: Coccinelle quilted camera bag. She is buttery soft and has red lining! :love:

View attachment 4802977View attachment 4802978

@cowgirlsboots You were on the hunt for a quilted camera bag; perhaps look for this one? There's no model name/ number on the tag. I think it was removed with the price when gift wrapped, but I would imagine it would be easy to find online.
Another option for a quilted camera bag is Lancaster Paris. I've seen their bags and they're really nice. Never owned/used one so can't speak to long term quality, but they seem good.
They currently have a sale as well. :biggrin:
Edit: I just remembered you had reached bag peace...in which case, please ignore my enabling!
Beautiful bag and thoughtful gift from your siblings. I love the red lining!

I adore your Henri Bendel bags! I see them pop up on Poshmark sometimes but they usually look like they were beaten into submission by the previous owners! :doh::lol:
And the pink Coach looks like it's wearing a fur stole, ready for an evening at the opera! :lol:
Thanks so much for sharing. I have a real soft spot for quilted leather.

Actually, whateve, you might be able to help me. Do you happen to know the model of my little quilted coach bag? I thought it is a Sadie but someone told me that Sadie bags were exclusively MFF, whereas mine is most definitely a retail bag (had an encounter with the SA that I'll never forget; she looked me up and down, then told me I might prefer a Nine West bag :shocked:)...
Do you know which bag it is by any chance?

No problem. Let us know what you do about the Dior. :smile:
I can only speak for the one I've held recently and the leather on my Coccinelle is so soft! I'd definitely recommend it; the brand is known for their quality.
But, Lancaster has several quilted bags for €90-110 in the sale right now, so that's very tempting.
I searched and there is a thread on the brand here...

Edit: I just remembered my favourite quilted bag wasn't in the family photo!:facepalm:
You know you have too many bags when you can forget one of your favourites so easily! :doh:
Attached is the Coach ombre Callie. @whateve, the one I'm asking you to name is the one on the right. TIA :biggrin:

View attachment 4803914
Thanks!
I'm sorry I don't know much about recent Coach bags, but we have a thread for IDing Coach styles. Someone will probably know. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...st-any-coach-item-name-questions-here.355205/

Beautiful bag and thoughtful gift from your siblings. I love the red lining!
Thank you! :smile:
Thanks!
I'm sorry I don't know much about recent Coach bags, but we have a thread for IDing Coach styles. Someone will probably know. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...st-any-coach-item-name-questions-here.355205/
No worries, thanks anyway. I never noticed the ID thread before. I think I have the original tags that would ID this bag but can't recall where I put them. If I don't find them, I'll post in that thread for someone to ID.
Thanks. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: whateve and keodi
That's so exciting! Congratulations!

I love living where there aren't many people. My favorite place to live was when we had acreage in the country. Now, I have to put up with people running loud equipment when I want to watch TV or sleep, and my neighbor smoking when I'm swimming or when we want to have the windows open. I know, I'm not very tolerant.

Big cities are nice for the restaurants, shopping and entertainment, but then I'd want to be able to retreat to my private space away from other people.
I understand that. It is just to quiet here .

Reactions: whateve
It is ridiculous that there doesn't seem to be any plan. No one seems to know what they're doing.
Not only are the teachers at risk (due to all this ineptitude), but the students and parents as well. I'm really worried for my son's family.

They absolutely should.

Marvelous!!
<<<< POsitiVE VibES >>>>

I'm so glad you have the option for on-line teaching, I know it's not ideal for you though.

What purse did you sell?
I'm carrying purses to the office, but taking my debit card out when grocery shopping (the only on-site shopping I'm doing) and using my pockets… though I haven't taken any pocket pics! :giggle:
Yesterday I took my new Portland Leather tote/shoulder bag to the doctor and other errands. It still smells wonderful, which is also a pick-me-up! I'm using a rose sakura Calvi for cards, which is also a pick-me-up!
I sold a gold chamonix trim. Y'all know I have plenty of trims, and I have a K in gold chamonix, so those desires are met. The trim was just soooooo pretty, it was hard to pack it up, but the buyer promised to take good care of it. I like these connections.

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

I love living where there aren't many people. My favorite place to live was when we had acreage in the country. Now, I have to put up with people running loud equipment when I want to watch TV or sleep, and my neighbor smoking when I'm swimming or when we want to have the windows open. I know, I'm not very tolerant.

Big cities are nice for the restaurants, shopping and entertainment, but then I'd want to be able to retreat to my private space away from other people.
OMG I cannot stand smelling cigarettes when I'm outside. Ugh - sorry you can't swim without that annoyance.

I adore your Henri Bendel bags! I see them pop up on Poshmark sometimes but they usually look like they were beaten into submission by the previous owners! :doh::lol:
And the pink Coach looks like it's wearing a fur stole, ready for an evening at the opera! :lol:
Thanks so much for sharing. I have a real soft spot for quilted leather.

Actually, whateve, you might be able to help me. Do you happen to know the model of my little quilted coach bag? I thought it is a Sadie but someone told me that Sadie bags were exclusively MFF, whereas mine is most definitely a retail bag (had an encounter with the SA that I'll never forget; she looked me up and down, then told me I might prefer a Nine West bag :shocked:)...
Do you know which bag it is by any chance?

No problem. Let us know what you do about the Dior. :smile:
I can only speak for the one I've held recently and the leather on my Coccinelle is so soft! I'd definitely recommend it; the brand is known for their quality.
But, Lancaster has several quilted bags for €90-110 in the sale right now, so that's very tempting.
I searched and there is a thread on the brand here...

Edit: I just remembered my favourite quilted bag wasn't in the family photo!:facepalm:
You know you have too many bags when you can forget one of your favourites so easily! :doh:
Attached is the Coach ombre Callie. @whateve, the one I'm asking you to name is the one on the right. TIA :biggrin:

View attachment 4803914
Lovely Coachies! :love:
Yesterday I took my new Portland Leather tote/shoulder bag to the doctor and other errands. It still smells wonderful, which is also a pick-me-up! I'm using a rose sakura Calvi for cards, which is also a pick-me-up!
I sold a gold chamonix trim. Y'all know I have plenty of trims, and I have a K in gold chamonix, so those desires are met. The trim was just soooooo pretty, it was hard to pack it up, but the buyer promised to take good care of it. I like these connections.
Awww! I'm sure the new owner will take good care of it! i love trims, i saw a sneek peek of he re-released trims and I think i'm interested!

These stories of not reporting positive cases are pretty disturbing. Universities here in the US (I teach at one) say they are going to have frequent testing (totally stupid because our system is so screwed it can take 8 days to get test results, making them useless), and there is seriously NO ANNOUNCED PLAN for what happens when cases start to appear on campus. Who trusts their university administration? LOL. They will blame the students for partying, whether or not that's the cause, and send everyone home. I am stunned by these workplace dishonesties, @papertiger and @msd_bags !
Me, too. They need to figure out a test that's immediate turn-around. I think they have this type for people who work in the White House, don't they? It's not completely reliable, but it's a quick screen.

Is your University going to open in the fall, or will it still be distance learning?

In my workplace, if someone tests positive, their department is informed but each individual is responsible for testing ... So you can guess how well that’s working out

In other news, I put in an offer on a house today :excited: In true 2020 fashion, my realtor got Covid (so I’m working with her coworker), all my house tours were done via FaceTime, and we’ve written Covid cleaning into the contract.

And to keep this on theme, I sold a few of my purses and accessories to help with the down payment. Sales really picked up last week especially.

If you have any vibes to offer, they’d be appreciated.
That's great news about your house AND your bag/accessory sales! Sending positive vibes your way. :flowers:

Reactions: keodi and jblended
Isn't this infuriating? No backup plans. People (in the US, at least) have been forced to become experts in science just to make basic decisions for ourselves and our families. We don't trust the government to begin with (part of that is inherent in the american spirit), and we see how poorly they have responded. Now I'm listening to my Uni talk about airflow, HEPA filters, air exchange and such, and I'm pretty sure I am not going inside any buildings. I do have the option of teaching online and I was surprised that all the new graduate students in my department are planning to show up, no matter what form instruction takes.
Yes, there was just a piece in the New York Times about this: calling those of us who do this (I'm one of them) "armchair epidemiologists." I thought it was a perfect term! But it's sad that we're forced to do it, with no real guidance.