2019 staple purchase: Gucci vs LV

Gucci Dionysus or LV speedy 25?

• Total voters

Marshy92

Dec 19, 2018
03C095EF-771E-40D3-91AD-057ACF7D5C5F.png A6FAB447-F2F4-417D-8065-33C415EADF8A.png

Happy Xmas eve eve everyone!

I’m planning on buying a staple bag in the new year, but I’m torn between the speedy 25 and Gucci Dionysus. I want a small size bag that can be carried by hand or over the body/shoulder so both these models fit my needs. I don’t need a huge bag as I only carry the essentials outside of the office (phone,card holder, lipstick and keys) and I would prefer a bag that can be carried day to night.

What does everyone think? Which would be a better purchase?

:smile:

I voted for the Speedy because that is my taste, but it may not be yours. The Gucci has too much going on for me to consider it as a day bag. I tend to shy away from anything with chain straps. This is just my opinion, of course, and a lot will depend on your style.

I voted for the Speedy because that is my taste, but it may not be yours. The Gucci has too much going on for me to consider it as a day bag. I tend to shy away from anything with chain straps. This is just my opinion, of course, and a lot will depend on your style.
100% agree. also not a huge fan of chain straps. (Mostly because they get too cold in the winter!!)

Speedy. I have many bags both from lv and Gucci. But speedy b is a classic piece. Speedy 25 is not that small either, perfect size. Although not sure it’s a nighttime bag.... it depends how formal you mean by night.

Reactions: cbarrus
I would have voted for the Speedy because it is such a classic and I love it in DE, but if you want a bag to transition from day to night the Dyonisius it is.

I would not use the speedy at night but it would be infinitely more practical for daytime. I guess figure out how many times you would use the bag during the day and how many times you’d use it at night.

Reactions: OCMomof3