2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

2706FED2-5C08-4394-AE5A-5E6195A6501B.jpeg
Hmmm, that could be an issue for me as I’m pretty narrow through the shoulders. Would you mind two more questions? Can you measure the width of the strap, and does the base of your bag have a seam running down the centre or is it smooth? I’ve found a preloved Duplex but I know nothing about the brand and it has a seam on the bottom. None of the others I've been able to find pics of has a seam. Its also suspiciously cheap...many thanks for the help!
Sorry for the late response, crazy busy today.
No seam running down the center of the base. Please see picture of the side meeting the base. The strap at its apex is 1 5/16” or 33.33mm or 3.33cm

Reactions: ElainePG
I will do a closet purge soon. Sometimes I get rid of old clothes first then buy new. Other times I buy new first if I find something I love then get rid of a piece of clothing.

I echo Sparkletastic’s frustration— quality dresses are so hard to find! I want cotton, silk, or linen, not the polyster/rayon. But there are some really pretty dresses made of the latter material. So, yes, sometimes I disregard the poorer quality material of a pretty dress and buy it. Whatever awesome leather handbag I choose to wear with it should elevate the dress!
But, isn’t it a shame we have to rely on bags to elevate today’s dresses. :huh: Where did all the natural fabrics and good design go?

And why are so many boots and other shoes offered in (often faux) suede. Doesn’t anyone appreciate great leather shoes anymore? Sheesh.

View attachment 4522649
Sorry for the late response, crazy busy today.
No seam running down the center of the base. Please see picture of the side meeting the base. The strap at its apex is 1 5/16” or 33.33mm or 3.33cm
Thanks, with the exception of two bags, both priced cheaper than they should be, all of the Duplex bags I've seen have a base like yours. Unless they did a different base for the first season or so and then changed it...but I'll pass on the one I was looking at. I appreciate the info!

what new challenges shall we do in September?
any new ideas? or, we will stick to good old ones we did before?
i suggest these:
1 - A bag for a rainy day (it's autumn, so it will be good to see the bags that are rain-proof)
2 - A 'Bye-bye Summer' bag (how you wear summer colours bags, or straw bags with your non-summer wardrobe)
3 - Legends of the Fall - wear all autumnal/earthy colours bags at least once during September
any more? :smile:

But, isn’t it a shame we have to rely on bags to elevate today’s dresses. :huh: Where did all the natural fabrics and good design go?

And why are so many boots and other shoes offered in (often faux) suede. Doesn’t anyone appreciate great leather shoes anymore? Sheesh.
I tell you it really bothers me. These synthetic fabrics are not comfortable for me and trying to find a natural fiber that is not square cut is really hard.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
what new challenges shall we do in September?
any new ideas? or, we will stick to good old ones we did before?
i suggest these:
1 - A bag for a rainy day (it's autumn, so it will be good to see the bags that are rain-proof)
2 - A 'Bye-bye Summer' bag (how you wear summer colours bags, or straw bags with your non-summer wardrobe)
3 - Legends of the Fall - wear all autumnal/earthy colours bags at least once during September
any more? :smile:
These are good. I will try to do as many as possible.

Reactions: ksuromax
I tell you it really bothers me. These synthetic fabrics are not comfortable for me and trying to find a natural fiber that is not square cut is really hard.
same for me! i just can't do all those artificial materials, i can't breathe in 'em!
before going on vacs i bought a few linen tops and a few pairs of linen pants (all on sale so it was ok to "stock up" :biggrin:), besides i was in Italy so i bought more linen clothes there, too! and now i'm seriously thinking of getting rid of all non-natural ones i have! just can't compare the feel of a linen shirt vs one of viscose!

same for me! i just can't do all those artificial materials, i can't breathe in 'em!
before going on vacs i bought a few linen tops and a few pairs of linen pants (all on sale so it was ok to "stock up" :biggrin:), besides i was in Italy so i bought more linen clothes there, too! and now i'm seriously thinking of getting rid of all non-natural ones i have! just can't compare the feel of a linen shirt vs one of viscose!
I love this idea.

Reactions: ksuromax
I have been selling off a bunch of my bags. Keeping only what I truly love and use. I have a lot less bags now. Yesterday a back pack sold at the consignment shop for almost half of what I expected. At first I was quite upset because she usually does quite well for me, but then this morning I was like at least it is gone. She closed the shop for vacation so maybe she just sold it cheap to have it go. Though I just dropped it off. Ugh! I could have gotten a lot more if I kept it up for sale myself. Live and learn!

I have been selling off a bunch of my bags. Keeping only what I truly love and use. I have a lot less bags now. Yesterday a back pack sold at the consignment shop for almost half of what I expected. At first I was quite upset because she usually does quite well for me, but then this morning I was like at least it is gone. She closed the shop for vacation so maybe she just sold it cheap to have it go. Though I just dropped it off. Ugh! I could have gotten a lot more if I kept it up for sale myself. Live and learn!
Do you have an idea how many bags you have left? And down from what number? Yay for keeping only bags you truly love and use!!

Last week I brought a bag and a wallet to the consignment shop. The wallet already got sold and I received my payout! The bag has been reserved by a buyer but has not been fully paid, according to the shop owner. Anyway, when she receives my items, we sign a form and the payout amount is already indicated there. So There are no surprises.:smile:

Do you have an idea how many bags you have left? And down from what number? Yay for keeping only bags you truly love and use!!

Last week I brought a bag and a wallet to the consignment shop. The wallet already got sold and I received my payout! The bag has been reserved by a buyer but has not been fully paid, according to the shop owner. Anyway, when she receives my items, we sign a form and the payout amount is already indicated there. So There are no surprises.:smile:
I know exactly how many bags I have. I keep the list handy on my phone . Other then LV I get no say in how much she charges. Usually it is a good amount. Once or twice things have gone for less than expected. She is the only game in town that does pay promptly so I will call her again when she back from vacation. She is super nice and very honest so I will just have to be more clear what my expectations are in the future.

It feels weird not to have movement in my bag collection. Good weird but, still weird.

This made me think - what would make me buy now? Except for a few well documents uses for which I haven’t found the right bag, I can’t think of anything.

Though I have to admit, I’m beginning to itch for a new...something. :lol: Do you ever just want a shot of something new in your bag collection for no good logical reason?

It feels weird not to have movement in my bag collection. Good weird but, still weird.

This made me think - what would make me buy now? Except for a few well documents uses for which I haven’t found the right bag, I can’t think of anything.

Though I have to admit, I’m beginning to itch for a new...something. :lol: Do you ever just want a shot of something new in your bag collection for no good logical reason?

Guilty here! I just sold and gifted five bags and am extremely pleased with the ones I have left and the number that I have left. I started this bag journey 2.5 years ago and did the usual rookie things, i.e., , buying far more than I needed, buying duplicates, and not identifying my style before hitting that buy now button. There are NO bags in any brand right now that I am even considering. Now after bragging about myself ad nauseum, in the the back of my mind is a teeny wish for something completely different and spectacular. So you are not alone.

Yes, yes and yes!!:biggrin: This is also why I’ve accepted that there are no forever bags for me. Bags I love now may not be love later on, just because I’m itching to have something new. (I know this is not exactly your question but it’s a consequence of the itch.)