2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

@More bags You have a beautiful collection of gray bags! :tup: :tup:

@Cookiefiend I have a Bolide 27 and I love how under the radar it is. My only gripe is that I wished it had dual zippers instead of a single zipper so one can zip it in either direction. The longer handles come in handy when trying to get items in and out of the bag. I only carry it using the shoulder strap. :smile:

Last edited:
My Grey Bags

Not much change. I have two I adore so, life is good!

• I purchased my pearly grey lamb m/l Chanel classic double flap w/rhw. I was gobsmacked at the time with the price. How times change. LOL!
View attachment 4375884
• Added Gunmetal grey lamb jumbo Chanel classic single flap w/ silver ‘07 bijoux chain. This bag is GANGSTA!!! I get compliments whenever I wear her. View attachment 4375882
2018 - 2019
I absolutely adore both my babies! View attachment 4375883
I could definitely see myself getting one more grey. Something more streamlined perhaps. Grey is such a wonderful neutral that still has personality.

Al are simply outstanding Sparkle

Reactions: Sparkletastic

@Cookiefiend I have a Bolide 27 and I love how under the radar it is. My only gripe is that I wished it had dual zippers instead of a single zipper so one I can zip it in either direction. The longer handles come in handy when trying to get items in and out of the bag. I only carry it using the shoulder strap. :smile:

The Travel Web Bolide 45 has dual zips. I agree with you. I wish all the Bolides ad Plumes has dual zips, perhaps there's a reason for it.

In previous years I included H Etoupe and Etain in brown and tan week. This year, I'm moving these bags to my grey group picture. When you see brown and tan week, my pictures will overlap with grey week.

My grey bags,
  • Longchamp Gun Metal Le Pliage Large Shoulder Tote
  • Chanel 14P Silver Metallic Reissue Camera Case
  • Hermes Etoupe Evelyne III PM
View attachment 4376212 View attachment 4376213
  • Bought Hermes Etain Bolide 31 Taurillon Clemence GHW
View attachment 4376220
  • No changes
  • Two group pics to show how the greys, particularly the H greys, look different in slightly different light/position, the lighting is in the same room, bags are upright vs. lying down
View attachment 4376221 View attachment 4376222

Etoupe works in both camps :tup:. I feel the same about my blue-grey Gucci Bamboo Top-handle. Both great versatile colours.

You were very lucky to get a Bolide with ghw, great find. Grey with ghw takes on a whole new meaning

@Cookiefiend I have a Bolide 27 and I love how under the radar it is. My only gripe is that I wished it had dual zippers instead of a single zipper so one can zip it in either direction. The longer handles come in handy when trying to get items in and out of the bag. I only carry it using the shoulder strap. :smile:
Thank you Meta! A Bolide 27 is lovely - what colour is yours?

Etoupe works in both camps :tup:. I feel the same about my blue-grey Gucci Bamboo Top-handle. Both great versatile colours.

You were very lucky to get a Bolide with ghw, great find. Grey with ghw takes on a whole new meaning
Thanks papertiger. I do like Etoupe. I am happy with Etain and GHW. :hbeat:
Your Gucci Bamboo Top-Handles are stunning, in all colours. I adore your blue-grey one. :love:

My Grey Bags

Not much change. I have two I adore so, life is good!

• I purchased my pearly grey lamb m/l Chanel classic double flap w/rhw. I was gobsmacked at the time with the price. How times change. LOL!
View attachment 4375884
• Added Gunmetal grey lamb jumbo Chanel classic single flap w/ silver ‘07 bijoux chain. This bag is GANGSTA!!! I get compliments whenever I wear her. View attachment 4375882
2018 - 2019
I absolutely adore both my babies! View attachment 4375883
I could definitely see myself getting one more grey. Something more streamlined perhaps. Grey is such a wonderful neutral that still has personality.
Both these bags are great. True classics.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
In previous years I included H Etoupe and Etain in brown and tan week. This year, I'm moving these bags to my grey group picture. When you see brown and tan week, my pictures will overlap with grey week.

My grey bags,
  • Longchamp Gun Metal Le Pliage Large Shoulder Tote
  • Chanel 14P Silver Metallic Reissue Camera Case
  • Hermes Etoupe Evelyne III PM
View attachment 4376212 View attachment 4376213
  • Bought Hermes Etain Bolide 31 Taurillon Clemence GHW
View attachment 4376220
  • No changes
  • Two group pics to show how the greys, particularly the H greys, look different in slightly different light/position, the lighting is in the same room, bags are upright vs. lying down
View attachment 4376221 View attachment 4376222
Your grey bag collection is perfection!

Your Etoupe and Etain certainly look grey from where I'm sitting, not even remotely tan/brown. So I suppose it depends on the lighting. Do you also wear them with brown outfits? Are they chameleons?

Reactions: More bags